- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Santino royal Dolphin Swim
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 30, 2007 06:29PM

yes, the dolphin discovery in Anguilla is close.
and you can bring your pet to sxm without quarantine.
They need proof of rabies vaccination and a valid health certificate from a vet within 10 days of travel. That is also needed in order to get your pet back in the USA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lola (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: February 02, 2009 07:40PM

i did it once in Mexico it was so much fun my kids really enjoyed it and now were going to do it here!

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2009 08:11PM

Please do some research before you do this,although I do not know where you can do it. As far as I understand, the Anguilla program is still closed.
Read this:
[sxmprivateeye.com]

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: ANON (---.muf122.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: February 03, 2009 08:53AM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i did it once in Mexico it was so much fun my kids
> really enjoyed it and now were going to do it
> here!

i'M glad your kids enjoyed it. I wonder how much the dolphin did. And I dont know where here is but where it is not is on st martin or anguilla anymore.

Posted by: Sharon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2009 07:03PM

OK, Seeing all of the info on Swimming with the dolphins, I have to weigh in. Have done this several times and never seen a slimy green tank. On Grand Bahama island, the dolphins are totally free and will follow the dive boat out to interact with guests who are diving and are also free in the smaller lagoon areas that guests get in to interact on a platform off of the pier. These animals are totally free to leave or stay and they go into the open sea to hunt and return to play with the guests. They are very well trained, friendly and lovable. Yes they are given treats for playing along but there are plenty of fish in the sea, so I am taking that to mean that they are not being "used" by anyone. Discovery Cove in Orlando is another top of the line area to swim with dolphins. We spent a wonderful day there, enjoying everything the place has to offer and my daughter got a special 12Th birthday give from a dolphin who brought it over to her. ( yes it costs extra, but the look on her face was worth every penny). I understand that some folks propose marriage in the same way and think that would be awesome. The Disney cruse ship had dolphins jumping along side as we left port Canaveral which was just awesome to see them in the wild, on the Disney Island there is a dolphin encounter that is beyond awesome. As for the animal rights activists, I totally respect their point of view, but in reality you can see and enjoy these marvelous creatures in ways that are not harmful to them. Also, there is beginning research on kids with autism and improvements after swimming w/ dolphins. If you take the time to research, and not message boards only, you can find a wonderful way to interact with these wonderful creatures, enriching your life with a one of a kind experience!!!!

Posted by: ScooterGirl (---.182.57.201.ded.snet.net)
Date: August 22, 2009 06:58PM

The UNEXSO dolphin swim on Grand Bahama is the only dolphin swim I would ever do. The open water swim allows you to swim with their trained dolphins in the sea; at that point there is nothing to stop the dolphins from swimming off to freedom if they so choose. Since the dolphins always return home to captivity it would seem that the call of the wild isn't calling too loudly to them.

I have read posts on other boards where people have stated that the dolphins at these swims seem overworked. I'm not so sure about that. Dolphins are extremely active, extremely muscular creatures and I feel that not enough swim time is probably more of a danger to them then too much.

Posted by: Captain Donna (---.dhcp-v.spbg.sc.charter.com)
Date: September 18, 2009 02:46PM

Here in Key West, we don't swim with the wild dolphin -- though occasionally snorklers are approached by these beautiful creatures. But we do have dolphin encounters and while the people don't get in the water, occasionally you will see a dog swimming with dolphin! It's quite a sight to see the joy and bond between the two species.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |