The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pinel Island?
Posted by: zeke (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 23, 2006 05:18PM

Hello - what's Pinel like? My friend says to chill there for one day excursion from cruise. He says there a couple beach bars and the beach itself is awesome.

I'm just curios how to get there and if there is enough time from ship.

thanks
zeke

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pinel Island?
Posted by: M'shell (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2006 06:18PM

Hi Zeke,

We spend at least a day or two on Pinel each time we vist St. Martin. There are boats leaving from Anse Marcel every half hour and it only costs $6 round trip per person. It's a quick 5 minute boat ride to/from the island. I think the last boat back is around 5pm, so that should give you plenty of time to relax. The two restaurants are both great and there's a little gift shop to browse through as well. You can also rent snorkel gear, although it's not the greatest snorkeling spot, it's still a nice break from sunbathing, etc.

Have fun!

Posted by: Neil Rooney (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2006 07:12PM

Sorry but's NOT Anse Marcel. It IS French Cul De Sac!!!!!!!!!!

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2006 08:50PM

yes, it is French cul de sac. and to answer your question, Zeke, Pinel is a nice place to spend the day. Many cruise ship visitors do that.

Posted by: M'shell (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 24, 2006 12:37AM

Well excuse me!! We're used to turning at the "Anse Marcel" sign when getting there from Orient Beach. You don't have get all snippy over it.

Posted by: Neil Rooney (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2006 06:55AM

Not snippy, just accurate info for newbie folks.

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Posted by: zeke (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 24, 2006 07:39AM

As long as the cab driver knows how to take us from the cruise dock to the Pinel ferry, that's all I want. About how long can you stay over on the Island? Is there a last returing ferry at a certain time? I don't think we want to stay past say 5 pm anyway since the ship departs at 8 pm.

thanks
z

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2006 08:12AM

I think the last boat leaves at 5 PM. they come back and forth regularly throughout the day so you can hop on when you feel like it.

Date: May 24, 2006 06:23PM

Thanks Barbara. Will we be fine with cash and credit cards? No need for travelers checks I hope. Only spending money on food, drinks and maybe some souvenirs.

zeke

Posted by: mcinnamon (---.dsl.ipltin.ameritech.net)
Date: May 27, 2006 02:33PM

Zeke,

The Karibuni restaurant is one of your two choices for food on Pinel. I highly recommend it. They offer an excellent upscale menu (seafood, salads, etc.), beautiful seaside setting, and possibly the best infused rum in St Martin. You'll get a free sample after your meal and you can buy it by the bottle to go. They don't take credit cards though, so take extra cash.

mc

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 27, 2006 02:48PM

Zeke,

And if I'm remembering correctly, as mc suggested bring lots of extra cash. It's been a while since we ate there but the last time we did, as I recall, it was very expensive. Very good but very expensive.

pat

Posted by: Doc (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 27, 2006 07:47PM

Karibuni is really good. The really expensive item is the lobster, which I believe works out to nearly $30 per pound. If you stick to the other staples on the menu, you should be able to stay under $30 pp. including a beer or two. In February, I had shark kebabs that were outstanding.

Date: May 28, 2006 09:38AM

Thanks!

Can we just wear our suits and shirt at Karibuni?
z

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 28, 2006 11:26AM

Zeke,

In a word, YES!!

pat

Posted by: rosemont (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: May 31, 2006 07:04PM

Bring lots of cash. That place is ridiculous!!! $100 for a lobster, 1 Carib, and a bottle of water and it wasn't very good. Poor service as well. We didn't like it and will not go back. We were stupid and didn't ask what a 2 pound lobster would cost-they do it by the gram. Consequently, we were shocked at our bill and mad at ourselves for not asking. We don't mind paying for a good lunch but $100 for that is crazy.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |