The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Trip Report
Posted by: Lori & Chris (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: December 19, 2006 06:46AM

Hi,

Yes, Unity does rent vehicles that would carry 7 passengers. We are renting a mini van in April. We are a party of 6. I would suggest that route vs taxi. You should be able to get your party and luggage in the mini van. I know everyone talks about packing light but.....I am not very good at it. Unity will pick you and all the members of your party up at the airport and take you to their lot to pick up your vehicle. It is a quick transaction and you will be on your way. Enjoy

I do not know about the round to Happy Bay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: karen (---.c3-0.nat-ubr2.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 20, 2006 10:13AM

Hey, thanks for the info

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: December 20, 2006 10:32AM

karen, not to tell you how to run your trip but you might even want to reconsider one big SUV over two smaller cars. Pricing is probably the same or even better than one big vehical and those big monsters can be a real cramp if you are trying to park them in some of the places your gonna want to get to. We often do multiple small cars for our large group and it not only is cheaper but it gives you more freedom than having to move as a pod in that big car if someone wants to deviate from the plan of the moment.

Posted by: WWII (---.ded.swbell.net)
Date: December 20, 2006 01:12PM

We also switched to multiple vehicles for the above reasons.

Posted by: karen (---.c3-0.frm-ubr1.sbo-frm.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 28, 2006 08:55PM

hey ANON thanks i think you are right about two small cars.. by the way do you know anything about the Happy Bay area?? we rented a villa there and just wondering how's the area

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 29, 2006 06:16PM

karen,

After many trips spread over many years, we've done the car rental thing every which way you can imagine and I would be inclined to agree with the idea of renting two seperate small cars for your group. We've done it this way for the past few years when we've had larger groups, and in fact one year we had to get three cars because of the numbers and the arrival and departure dates of different guests. That was actually how we rediscovered Lesley Bruce and Kennys Car Rental after many years. He was able to oblige us with multiple cars on multiple dates and at very good prices so we've just done it this way ever since.

Anyway, good luck with your decisions and have a wonderful time. Oh, and BTW, if you've rented one of those beautiful villas that sit up on top of the hill and overlook Happy Bay and Friar's Bay, I think you'll be pleased with them, at least from their appearance from afar. They're very conveniently located for Grand Case and Marigot dining and for Orient Beaching if that's your location of choice. The road up to those particular units was in very good condition when we were there almost a year ago and the Friar's Bay Beach Cafe entrance to Friar's Bay Beach is off this road, too. Or so I seem to recall. Anyway, if we're at the same properties I think you'll be very happy.

Respectfully,

pat

:-) :-)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |