- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Shopping
Posted by: Mark (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 03, 2002 08:02AM

Best Place to buy jewelry, Touch of Gold on Front St. in Phillipsburg, Have going to St. Martaan for 12 years and would recommend Touch of Gold over other stores, friendly owners, fair prices, and great quality, Ask for Deepak.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shopping
Posted by: Carolyn (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 03, 2002 09:54AM

Have been going to St. Maarten for 15 years.
Jewels by Love
in Marigot is the only place to shop. Honest and stands behind his merchandise and watches. Ask for Love and tell him Carolyn sent you.
Have a great time.

Posted by: Annie (---.frtprk01.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 03, 2002 08:39PM

Carolyn...I agree with you about Love. He and Milan are really the greatest and we have bought numerous pieces of jewelry from him.

Annie

Posted by: Joel & Bobbie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 04, 2002 05:54PM

My wife and I, along with many people we know have been ripped off by Touch of Gold. Although we where made to feel as if we were "family", we found that the difference in what we paid for the jewelry and the appraised value become very far apart (not in our favor of course) as time went by with subsequent purchases! We suggest you try any other jeweler since the majority are very honest. When we see people recommending Touch of Gold on this board, it bothers us because at any moment they can become the next victim!

Posted by: Lorrie (---.qc.sympatico.ca)
Date: July 05, 2002 08:16AM

Bobbie and Joel are right on. My husband and I had the same experience. The only good thing that happened because of Touch of Gold is the friendship that came about between ourselves and Bobbie and Joel.
Mark, you say you having been going to Touch of Gold for 12 years, be careful, that's about the same time we had been going to them too.

Posted by: ter (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 05, 2002 08:20AM

We had the same experience with TOG.(Not when I was dealing with the salesman who is now at Mirage)
I hate to post things like this, but I feel the same way.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 05, 2002 08:20AM

As one more option I would happily throw the name Caribbean Gems into the jewelry store options. We've been going to SXM for thirty years and have been shopping with Manu and his family for as many years as they've been open - I think that's about 18 or 19 - and we have never been disappointed with the service and/or our purchases. They have always stould behind their merchandise and their prices and have been a pleasure to deal with.

Posted by: Lauren (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 05, 2002 07:12PM

I have to say, I have been going to St Maarten for 10 years. We shop in
Jewels by Love.
I have bought very big pieces and small ones for the children and have never been disappointed with the prices or the way we were taken care of. This is the only store on the island to go to ehen it come to jewelry.

Posted by: Margie (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 05, 2002 07:15PM

Jewels by love.
The only jewelry store on the island to shop in. We have always been satisfied with our purchases.

Posted by: ter (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 06, 2002 01:00PM

Bobbie, Joel and Lorrie, did you ever complain to the people at TOG and what did they say--Just curious??

Posted by: Pat Campano (---.newark-23-24rs.nj.dial-access.att.net)
Date: July 06, 2002 05:14PM

Give Kays Jewelers a try. Have shopped there for 10 years. They even mailed me a new bracelet to replace one I brought back, after owning it for a few years, because a link broke. They shipped it to my home in the states, no charge.

Posted by: Mark (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 09, 2002 07:49AM

I have to answer the negative comments about Touch of Gold, 2 years ago my wife lost one of her diamond earrings, we went to get an appraisal for our insurance co. from a local jeweler and to my suprise it was twice the amount we paid for it at TOG.

Posted by: Lorrie (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: July 09, 2002 09:02AM

In answer to ter above, yes we did contact TOG. We had for the past number of years been corresponding with them by e-mail just to keep in touch. I e-mailed them when I got home that my sapphire had SPLIT in two... I got no response from them at all. It was a beautiful sapphire that was over a carat, now it is lies in the bottom of my jewel box.

Posted by: Rusty (---.newark-02rh16rt.nj.dial-access.att.net)
Date: July 13, 2002 06:32PM

The interval is getting shorter. We have been shopping at TOG for 4 years and had the same experience. A certified appraiser here in the US gave a much lower value. Refunds are none existent and credit only seems to be given if you purchase something else at a higher price (probably with a greater difference in their "appraised price").

Several people indicated they like Jewel Masters at the Little Bay resort.

Posted by: andyg (---.utc.com)
Date: November 24, 2006 04:00AM

I have twice shopped at Kays Jewellers.Fantastic service fron Sam & his team.& very good prices (if you are prepared to strike a deal).

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |