The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Property Values
Posted by: Jim (207.81.45.---)
Date: July 08, 2010 09:47AM

Hi All,

I am curious about the current real estate market on the island. Are property values holding, up, down? Are properties sitting listed or selling? Any info you can provide is welcomed, thanks.

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Property Values
Posted by: bcass1 (72.252.9.---)
Date: July 09, 2010 09:16PM

values are down and everything is for sale with no buyers. Of course this is my opinion but if you ask a real estate person trying to sell you something you will get a completely different answer.

Posted by: jim (207.81.45.---)
Date: July 10, 2010 12:21PM

Thanks for the reply. Would you consider this a good buying opportunity, or do you believe values may come down further? Additionally, knowing there are many factors influencing, which side of the island provides better property values and in which areas? I know this is broad and subjective, but I am just trying to understand the market better from a non RE salespersons perspective.

Thanks again,

Jim

Posted by: Gov (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2010 08:17PM

I looked into a store in Phillipsburgh but given the lack of movement on the price and the serious crime in that area, I've decided to look elsewhere on the island and different islands as well.

Posted by: bcass1 (72.252.9.---)
Date: July 12, 2010 08:17AM

if you have cash and are ready to write a check on the spot, this is a very good time to buy. I would suggest a condo like the new places in Cupecoy. Don't invest in anyplace that is in the works or proposed to happen. Bad risk.
Houses are very expensive to maintain. I couldn't say which side is better but there is no real estate tax o the dutch side.

Posted by: Gov (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 13, 2010 09:06AM

You're right. Caravansai comes to mind. I certainly will not be standing in line for a piece of that action.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |