| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Looks like a nice place to visit
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2010 08:05AM

check out my blog to see a really beautiful promotional video for St. Maarten

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looks like a nice place to visit
Posted by: Seth (---.static.as29550.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 06:33AM

May look good, but based on what I've read here, I think my wife and I can find a much better place than this.

It sounds like you have to get yourself back in your hotel room by 9:00 PM and lock yourselves in.

Can't walk the beach at night, avoid driving after 9, stay away from this area and that (the word bandits even said). Can't even visit an area at all (Pic Whatever.)

Promos can be so deceptive and untrue. People's opinions and knowledge tell much more.

We will stick with our memories. We KNOW that it isn't the same everywhere you go. There ARE other carribean islands that have virtually no crime, you can walk the beach at night and still are pristine and not tainted with greed.

Date: January 30, 2010 06:39AM

Seth
with all due respect, I think your post is unnecessary and out of line.
I posted the video to show that there are some beautifil spots on SXM,
this is not a crime post.
Your statement that you have to get yourself back in the hotel by 9:00 PM and lock yourself in is completely inaccurate.
if you don't want to come to SXM any more, then I don't see why you are still posting on a SXM bulletin board.

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 07:57AM

Barbara, I was wondering why he was still posting, too. I can't get over these people that will NOT go back to SXM but they keep on posting and posting. Ridiculous.

Annie

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: January 30, 2010 12:25PM

at least we don't have sickos shooting randomly in our supermarkets, malls, schools or military bases... and I still have people sat in my business by 11.30 pm at night so I guess everybody do not lock themselves in their room by 9pm... grinning smiley
And that's right, I went to a place one days that I do not like anymore, so I am not "checking" or "surfing" website or buletin board related to that place anymore since I do not have any intention to go back... why waste my time?confused smiley
The video is nice, though, but I would have shown at least one of our old creole house, maybe one in Gd Case, or the vineyard building, because it is also part of the island heritage

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: ROADRUNNER (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 12:51PM

The point that everybody is missing is that this promo would be valid for most Caribbean islands. There is nothing in the Video that is exclusive to St Martin. Big deal!!!

Roadrunner

Date: January 30, 2010 01:44PM

yes, it's a typical sanitized commercial but it's still nice

Posted by: Vacationer (---.hilo.com)
Date: January 30, 2010 05:39PM

As to why people continue to post after they will not return - to warn others before wasting their vacation time and money.

No, you may not have random shootings, you have deliberate shootings. How is the guy shot by the Club O entrance? Were the perps ever caught? How about the previous owner of Kangaroo Court?

It was previously posted that one person tries not to be anywhere after 9 on the island. Just responding to the info I've read.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |