- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Terres Basses
Posted by: Cucina (---.usdoj.gov)
Date: August 10, 2009 10:52AM

I'm looking at villas in the Terres Basses area and was curious if anyone had input about the different areas there. Seems to me there are basically four areas - Baie Longue, Baie Rouge, Plum Bay, and the "interior" area between those three.

I haven't been to this area of the island and was wondering if any regulars were aware of advantages / disadvantages of the areas I described....?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terres Basses
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 10, 2009 11:55AM

Terres basses is French for lowlands and the entire area is locally called the lowlands.
it's the area you drive through when you go through Mullet Bay , Cupe Coy, La Samanna, etc. to go over to Marigot the back way.
It is a very nice area with lovely homes and villas.
Can't think of any disadvantages in staying there.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Cucina (---.usdoj.gov)
Date: August 10, 2009 12:19PM

Thanks Barbara. How about the different areas within the Lowlands - much difference between them, say between Plum Bay, Baie Rouge, etc.?

Posted by: Yannick (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: August 11, 2009 03:49PM

If you follow this link (http://gobeach.com/villamap_lowlands.htm) you will find all the villas and if you click on any of them they will provide you with pictures and Weekly rates.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2009 04:08PM

Posted by: charlieh (67.238.248.---)
Date: August 22, 2009 08:05PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Barbara. How about the different areas
> within the Lowlands - much difference between
> them, say between Plum Bay, Baie Rouge, etc.?

Cucina - good question. Long and Plum are similar in that they are private beaches, meaning there are no beach concessions. Baie Rough has a couple of places that serve food and drink.

The area is quiet in general and virtually all residential. It's a great part of the island to stay in my opinion.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 23, 2009 09:35AM

Plum Bay (Baie aux Prunes) and Long Bay (Baie Longue) are NOT private beaches... it is true that there is no restaurant's facility on them but they are public and anyone is allowed to go on and relax same as Baie Rouge... Some villas are built all along those but no one can tell you anything if you decide to throw your beach towel in front of them.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 23, 2009 10:16AM

Philippe, are there any places to safely park your car in order to visit Plum Bay without walking far? I'm looking at the Google Map and although it looks like there are some places that are open areas, I could be wrong and what I'm seeing coule be people's yards. I have never been down that way. Any suggestions? Also, the road to Plum Bay...any easy ways to get there?

Vicki

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: charlieh (67.238.248.---)
Date: August 23, 2009 02:27PM

Philippe - I agree 100% with what you said. I've stayed on both beaches. I did define "private" as meaning no concessions. I also understand that ALL beaches in France have public access. We'll stay on Baie Rouge on our next trip.

John - there are parking accesses to all of these beaches, although they may not be easy to find.

Date: August 23, 2009 04:21PM

Vicki,
the easy way to go to plum bay is to turn at the cross road going down to La Samana and baie longue, to follow that road all along baie longue (Rue Baie Longue), then after the curve on the right you will realise that you are driving along side Baie aux Prunes (Plum Bay) (Rue Baie aux prunes) the public access with parking space is at the north end of the beach almost (Rue de la Falaise) just accross "rue E. Moreillon" (E. Moreillon Street...) If you zoom in on the "satellite" google map you will see the parking with some cars on it as well as the "cut" in the trees showing the alkin public access to the beach (also across from a villa with a big pool and a tenis court)

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 23, 2009 04:42PM

Thanks so much Philippe for the wonderful directions! Come November, I will certainly try going there. It looks like such a peaceful beach.

I copied what I think is where you are talking about...let me know if I am right...

There are so many points to look at and actually a few homes with tennis courts but this was where I saw multiple cars parked and a path leading down to the beach.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 04:44PM by John.

Posted by: _bruce (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: August 23, 2009 07:40PM

Clock "Island Map" at the bottom of this page. Click "Lowlands / Terres Basses" near the bottom of that one. The greyed-out lots are the access points.

Date: August 23, 2009 07:44PM

So between 10a and 11 is an access point I assume. Thanks Bruce. Did you ever get my PM on this website?

Vicki

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: August 24, 2009 07:27AM

Vicki,
the sattelite shot you posted is not PlumBay public access but Bay Longue public access, because in plumbay there is no water across the street and I can see the Baie Longue pond... You have to continu on that road, follow the curve on the right, and continue almost until the road become paved... The access and parking is just before th road bcome paved, passed the E. Moreillon street.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 24, 2009 07:41AM

OK Thanks Philippe...let me try again.

[www.vrbo.com]

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |