The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

jewelery
Posted by: hofstetter (74.7.170.---)
Date: April 28, 2009 02:08PM

My daughter is coming with me on vacation and she wants to look for an engagement ring with my future son-in-law. I'm assuming the Dutch side would be better because of the exchange rate. I could be wrong.

Where will they get the best bang for their $ ? Who would you all recommend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: jewelery
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2009 02:46PM

ask for deepti at DK Gems on front street
very highly rated.
good prices

[www.tripadvisor.com]

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2009 04:13PM

Splash would be my choice.

Posted by: tom (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2009 04:24PM

Ask for Ravi at Ballerinas by the courthouse,on front street. Have been doing business with them for 12 yrs.Great people great prices and stand behind anything they sell.I have spent a small fourtune over the years in a lot of stores,But our favorite has to be Ballerinas.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 05:20PM

hofstetter,

I'm sure know those of us who have repeat island history also have our favorite jewelry stores so I might as well throw my hat into the ring as well.

We've been using Caribbean Gems for twenty-five years and I've never been disappointed with any of my purchases there.

While we were on the island a week or so ago, they were actually celebrating their 25th year in business and we realized we really were one of their very first return customers and now, we have the third generation of our family making purchases there. Kind of hard to believe, but then, not really.

IMO, there are many good stores to deal with and 'the best' will be the one you're most comfortable with so good luck, happy shopping and sincere congratulations to your daughter and future son-in-law.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 06:02PM

I would heartily recommend Deepti and DK Gems. They're located about five stores past the Courthouse on the Bay side of Front Street.
My son and his fiancee recently completed several months of previewing settings and stones via the internet and Fed Ex with Deepti with a personal visit this past February. They were MORE than happy.

Posted by: WayneB (137.71.23.---)
Date: April 29, 2009 01:16PM

I also have a daughter and a daughter-in-law with engagement rings from Deepti, as well as a wife with custom pieces designed by Deepti, all of whom are very happy with DK Gems pricing and service. And for the guys, they have very cold beer, to ease the strain on the wallet!

Posted by: .Bruce (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 29, 2009 10:28PM

i will second,third ,fourth...DK GEMS is the best !!!! a vacation isn't a real vacation without a visit there , my whole family wears diamonds from DK

Posted by: wanderlust (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 02, 2009 12:22PM

Shiva on the main street downtown by where the ships come in. I forget the name of the guy who is the owner.. but there motto is if you dont know jewels then know your jewelaer. I have upgraded my diamond earrings twice...my aunt got her black and white diamonds there geesh over 8 years ago before they became really popular.

Trident - Shiva.

Posted by: Gator3x (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: June 04, 2009 04:22PM

My 2 cents, Oro Diamante is the best. I've going there for over 17 years. Raju & Jenny are the best, their brothers, Manu @ Carribean Gems and Deepu @ Zhaveri are also great. They've always made me feel at home and are quite comfortable at giving their honest opinion. A few Heineken don't hurt either.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 04, 2009 07:15PM

Gator3x,

We've been dealing with the Buhdrani (sp?) family since they opened their first store on St. Maarten and they celebrated their 25th anniversary this year so I can only agree - they are absolutely great to deal with.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: carolyn (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 06, 2009 03:11PM

We have been dealing with Jewels by Love (Love) for the past 25 years. We are no on the third generation buying from Love. You will get the best buy and quality for your money.
They are on the French Side as well as the Dutch Side at the beginning of Front Street.

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 07, 2009 07:14PM

I agree Oro Diamante is very good and excellent prices. Speak to Raju he is the best. They will build your diamond ring while you wait.They have several locations in town but deal with the store near the Court House same side. good luck.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |