The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Food on St. Maarten
Posted by: Cinder (---.mpls.qwest.net)
Date: May 15, 2009 09:10AM

Quick question... I have been to Mexico many times and am always careful about what I eat due to Montezuma's Revenge. Is this a worry in St. Maarten or can one eat most anything without concern? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food on St. Maarten
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 15, 2009 09:20AM

you can eat and drink anything

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: hofstetter (74.7.170.---)
Date: May 15, 2009 12:57PM

You also do not have to buy bottled water! I always keep hydrated!

Posted by: Zebulon (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 09:27AM

Except @ Lido's.

Posted by: WalletMon (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 10:18AM

Your only limit is your cash or credit card

Posted by: jewelsnpa7 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 08:42PM

Is it true that if you use your credit card at some of the restaurants you pay more than with cash?
Thanks!

Julie

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 17, 2009 11:06PM

yes, on the french side

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: jewelsnpa7 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 18, 2009 12:16PM

Thanks Barbara!

I love your blog and pics, it is making me feel as though I have been on the island before!

Can you also provide me with all the surcharges. I heard something about 30$ when leave the island, and to watch your bill at the resort?

I will need to know what is a valid charge and what is not regarding the resort?

Thanks again!

Ciao

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 18, 2009 05:51PM

The $30/pp airport departure fee is almost always included in your airfare but if not you would need cash and not a credit card. You would need to pay this at the booth separate from the airline counter. Most people's tickets do include the fee though. Regarding your timeshare/hotel, there are some fees that you would be responsible for and with timeshares, there is also a voluntary charge so if you don't want to pay and they ask you if you would want to pay the fee (I believe it's $50 per week), just say no. You will be responsible for any taxes.

Most of the large hotel/timeshares are reputable and will only charge you what you are due to pay.

It's the small stores and restaurants where the server walks away with your charge card that could be a problem but truthfully, in the many, many years of traveling, we have never had a problem. We bring travelers checks and cash for situations for when we get a bad vibe handing over our card to someone.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2009 06:46PM

John,when you say;"Regarding your timeshare/hotel, there are some fees that you would be responsible for and with timeshares, there is also a voluntary charge so if you don't want to pay and they ask you if you would want to pay the fee (I believe it's $50 per week), just say no. You will be responsible for any taxes."
you are a little wrong. There is "the dollar a day" that is voluntary, but the $50 a week is a gov. timeshare tax that you must pay.

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |