The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Cooking Class
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 20, 2008 04:58PM

Due to some interest a while back, I contacted a well known Chef on the island who is willing to give a 3 hour cooking class to a party of 6 on Friday, December 12th from 11:00 - 2:00 PM. The class would consist of choosing a few items from the menu and learning to prepare it yourself. Whatever you prepare will be your lunch. This also includes wine, soda or bottled water with your lunch which can be eaten there or brought home to eat.

The restaurant is Temptation and the Chef is Chef Dino Jagtiani.

The price would be $125 per person. If anyone is interested in doing something completely different on their vacation (or residents welcomed as well, of course) and learning something valuable, send me a Private Message and I will add you to the list. There are 4 spots currently open.

One important thing though...and I know this is a tough one but once you commit yourself, it would be appreciated that you show up, otherwise the others would need to offset the cost.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 04:59PM by John.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cooking Class
Posted by: Elaine (---.48-139.caribserve.net)
Date: November 20, 2008 06:24PM

I'm in!

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.135.33.65.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2008 06:54PM

Hey John!

Thanks for the heads up. If possible this would be a great opportunity to try but not around until Dec. 26.

If there's a repeat would you let us know?

ELAINE...You gotta share this experience with us!

THANKS!

Denis

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 07:06AM

Hi Denis...I'll talk to the Chef and ask him if he'll do it again after the 25th and if so, I'll leave it to you to round up the others since I won't be on the island at that time.

And if we don't get to do it on the 12th as planned, then maybe you and Elaine can be the first 2 out of 6 for that session. Being that it will be after the holidays, I would say that you may get a better response.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.135.33.65.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: November 21, 2008 07:32AM

Hey!

Sounds like a plan.

THANKS!

Denis

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |