The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Zipline??
Posted by: Aliki (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: February 18, 2008 04:21PM

We are coming to visit St. Martin in March and would like to know "highlights" to visit...In particular, I've heard there's a "zipline" somewhere (i.e. through the jungle or forest on a rope kind of thing). Can anyone tell me more about this?
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zipline??
Posted by: lola (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 18, 2008 07:05PM

The zip-line is at lotterie farms and it is GREAT! a work out, but really fun and well worth it! it is built up into the trees and you hike/climb suspension bridges& rope bridges in between "zipping". the guides help you clip in and out of the ropes. all safe and secure.
afterwards (if you have energy left) you can hike the rain forest. there is a trail up to the top. quite steep at times, but again, worth it!
we did both with our kids (10 & 13) and they loved it too. a definite MUST on our next trip. i am surprise that more people don't talk too much about it here. we found out about it from some people we met while on the beach.

have fun!!!

Posted by: Aliki (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: February 18, 2008 09:42PM

Many thanks...we will check it out for sure.

Re: Cae Jae Haven
Posted by: Edie (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 21, 2008 06:49PM

This will be our first time to the island, any comments good or bad about cae Jae Haven? We are renting a car, I hope there is no trouble getting gas.

Thanks, Edie

Posted by: hofstetter (---.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 02:10PM

We had no problems getting gas on the Dutch side. Bring your calculator because they do not take credit cards (only cash) and the pump is in their currency. I felt we were ripped off on the conversion rate to the US dollard

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2008 02:20PM

none of the gas stations rip you off with the conversion rate.
some of the stations do use different conversion rates...anything from 1.77 to 1.80.

Posted by: hofstetter (---.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 02:28PM

Barbara why will they not take a credit card? Everyone else does!

We love the island and coming back this year for two weeks!

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2008 02:55PM

that's a good question. I have no idea. none of the gas stations are set up for that. and most residents would never consider using a credit card for gas.. we all use cash.

Posted by: ilovedivi (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2008 01:26PM

Barbara1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> none of the gas stations rip you off with the
> conversion rate.
> some of the stations do use different conversion
> rates...anything from 1.77 to 1.80.

I would agree with that, now. However, a few years ago they tried to get me twice at the (now closed) Texico station in Philipsburgh (can't think of name of road, near "muffler man" on road towards front street/Divi). First time I told them they made a mistake (by a lot) and let it go. Second time I told them they made a mistake (again, by a lot; not an honest mistake), paid correct amount and advised them (very loudly) that they should not be ripping off tourists. Guess their business practices caught up with them, as I believe they are still closed (as of last April).

Posted by: Dr. Jen (---.sip.clt.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 26, 2008 05:14PM

What did you think about Cae Jae Haven? I am looking to stay there.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.56-72.caribserve.net)
Date: August 26, 2008 05:31PM

OK... this thread went from the zipline to gas station discussion and now someone is coming from nowhere asking about Cea Jay Heaven....Maybe opening a new thread about where to stay would generate soem answers to that question...confused smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |