The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

My boss needs help with passport question
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 07, 2008 12:39PM

If anyone knows whether a passport can be gotten immediately in NYC (or are those days over) please let me know. He lost his passport and just realized it. He is going to Nassau on Sunday and needs help getting one as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My boss needs help with passport question
Date: August 07, 2008 12:48PM

OK..it seems that SXMWendell and Wildbill have stepped in to help. Thanks SXMWendell and also Wildbill for such quick answers! And now thank you to KevinNYC as well. All you guys are awesome.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 12:59PM by John.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 07, 2008 01:37PM

man, that was fast! tongue sticking out smiley
so what is the answer?
Is it possible?
just curious

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 01:37PM by Barbara1.

Date: August 07, 2008 01:48PM

Here's the info I was given along with the stressed recommendation to bring with you valid ID with photo and travel documents.

NEW YORK Passport Agency
376 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays
Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778

NOTE: New York Passport Agency serves customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel. An appointment is required.

OR

New York Passport Agency
Rockefeller Center, Room 270
630 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10111-0031
Public Inquiries: 212-399-5290*

I printed it out and handed it to him...whichever one he chooses is his decision but he realizes he had lost it sometime between picking up his small children at the airport 2 weeks ago and now. He had to show his passport in order to meet his children at the gate and that was the last time he remembers seeing it. He went to get it for his trip and couldn't find it.

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: August 07, 2008 02:07PM

wow, hope he gets through OK.
let us know the outcome

Posted by: Irina Leibowitz (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 02:48PM

B,
You talk with your hands? Really?
LOL
i

Date: August 08, 2008 03:45PM

wrong thread Irina smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 07:38PM

OK...here's the outcome....

He did find his passport this morning which is a good thing BUT 1 hour prior, he had called the passport office to state that he needed to come in to get a new one because the other one was lost.

His bad...

The problem was now that once he told the passport office that it was lost, his current passport was now invalid! This meant he would still have to go to NYC to get a new one.

Well...my boss is pretty insistent and he called the passport office back to state he found his passport but when given this bad news he refused to let them off the line until they verified that the information had in fact been put into the computer system! They kept telling him that he would have to come down and then he asked for a supervisor. The supervisor said the same thing and he still insisted they check. Well, the supervisor asked how long it had been since his first call and he said 1 hour. She said, hold on....and then she came back to say that she had found the paperwork and that it had not yet gone into the system.grinning smiley

Now he is not absolutely sure that when he gets to the airport, he won't be flagged...but as far as he's concerned, he's on that flight to Nassau on Sunday and if it takes getting another supervisor to straighten it out...well all I have to say is...Lord help those poor people at the airport eye popping smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: August 09, 2008 10:41AM

your boss sounds like a very determined and persistent man.
and that's a good thing with dealing with government bureaucracy! LOL

Date: August 09, 2008 10:52AM

Yeay...there is good and bad to that but mostly good. Maybe we should put him on a plane to SXM to deal with some of the problems there. I rarely see a person with that determination to get things done right. And to run a golf club right, you need that hutzpah (sp)...grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |