The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Week of 11/29/08 - Pizza Party
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 24, 2008 07:58AM

I know this is far in advance but anyone who will be on the island the week of 11/29, I thought it would be nice to get together for an informal Pizza Party at the Fashion Cafe under La Terrase. They have a beautiful courtyard where they have tables and umbrellas and serve very nice thin crust pizzas and salads.

So if anyone is in the area during that time and would like to join us ("Dutch" treat) I will post the date when the time grows nearer.

Vicki

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Week of 11/29/08 - Pizza Party
Posted by: BIGDENX (---.53.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 24, 2008 04:18PM

Hey!

Trust you will have a great party....I always get those dates screwed up, will be around later....sorry

Denis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 09:22PM by BIGDENX.

Date: June 24, 2008 04:38PM

Halloween Weeeeeeekkkkk? Denis, I hope you meant Thanksgiving week....grinning smiley

Will you still be able to drop by? I do hope so! Bob and wife might drop by as well.

I think I'm going to call it the "BYONT PP"....(Bring Your Own Name Tag Pizza Party) and whoever has the most ingenious name tag wins (drum-roll)...... well, probably nothing but think about how many people will say "Hey! That's a great Name Tag!"

I was thinking maybe the middle of the T/S week like a Tuesday or Wednesday just so people have a chance to get those first few days to relax, and from my experience, it takes me no less than 4 days to do that.

I really want it to be casual and super informal. Whoever comes, comes and anyone who doesn't, no prob mon.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 24, 2008 06:56PM

i would love to drop by but I will be off island.
great idea though.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: June 24, 2008 08:37PM

So sorry to hear this but man oh man Barbara...where the heck are you off too now???? smiling bouncing smiley You and Dee are now world travelers! I am just so jealous of all the places you've been going. But when you said it was 60 degrees and freezing....that made me laugh.... 60 degrees is the perfect Spring Day for me! When Winter is on it's way out and the temps get to 60 degrees, out come the shorts and T-Shirts! grinning smiley

But actually I'm only teasing you...60 degrees in the Summer is a real bummer and yes, I agree that I would not want 60 degrees at this time of year, even in the evening. Give me 85 daytime and 75 at night and I'm a happy camper. Hmmmm...that sounds alot like SXM.....

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 24, 2008 10:19PM

We'll try to squeeze it into our busy party schedule, haha. Sounds good to us but now I have to remember where the Dutch side is located.The last time I was in that hotel was 81 I guess it changed a little huh.See ya at the party.Bob & Maggie....Barbara, I can't believe you'll be off island again lucky you. I guess I'll just leave my OLD POSTCARDS at HOME.What do you think.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.49-104.caribserve.net)
Date: June 25, 2008 07:18AM

AGAIN ?.... winking smiley Barbara, You are even not back yet that you are already thinking of going back in vacation LOL grinning smiley>grinning smiley<

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2008 07:20AM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 25, 2008 10:33AM

you know how they say some people are born to shop?
well, I was born to travel! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
actually we will be taking a short..one week...short for us..vacation to Jamaica!
we will be gone November 22-30 only, so , Bob, bring those darn postcards!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 25, 2008 11:08AM

Ya know.... with just us as a group....that would make a wonderful casual party! Barabara, glad you may be able to join in. Then you can tell us all about your trip to Jamaica!

It won't be a late night thing either. It will probably be early evening so everyone can continue to enjoy the evening wherever they want...

And Philippe, if you can make it with William but only on a Monday, let me know and I'll make it a Monday instead.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 25, 2008 12:10PM

Normally we would be on the island that week, but changed our weeks this year so we'll be one week late. Hopefully it'll be such a success that you make it an annual event and we'll be able to attend next year!

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 25, 2008 01:26PM

That's too bad but just to let you know, we will still be on the island the following week so maybe we can put together another small Pizza Party for those coming that week, even if it's just a few of us. Being that it's "Dutch" treat anyway... What day do you arrive?

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 26, 2008 12:10PM

Vicki..as I mentioned in our PMs, we arrive around 4:30 on the 6th. If we're lucky and get to CLT in time to get on the earlier flight (and there are seats), we'll arive a couple of hours before that, which would make us more amenible to going out the first night. Keep me posted on your plans! I'd love to meet you.

Georgia

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |