The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Philly Punny
Posted by: bettenan (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 04:59PM

Newspapers run ads about fake airline Derrie-Air

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
bettenan from beautiful bucks county (pa)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Philly Punny
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 07:59PM

That was hysterical! They would have to pay my husband if it went by weight!!! But also a good advertising ploy to generate more viewers to their actual ads.... Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: June 07, 2008 05:40AM

While discussing the ramifications of the fuel price escalation at te local watering hole yesterday soneone actually said that they heard that people were going to be charged by the pound. If you saw this guy you would understand his concern. I'glad that you posted this, it's a riot .Amazing how you can fool people if you pacage it right.George Carlin said "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that".

Date: June 07, 2008 08:18AM

The reason this story caught my eye was it brought to mind my legendary flight from Denver to Philly next to the nicest but one of the largest men I had even seen and he was seated next to me. This was a work trip and my co-worker (who was seated on the other side of me...I was in the middle) retells the story quite often (this was many years ago).

The guy was the sweetest guy ever but gezz, he really needed two seats and actually was taking up 1/2 of mine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 07, 2008 08:35AM

bettenan, I said big,he would of lost the other half of your seat.

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Date: June 07, 2008 09:03AM

Richard..I guess if he were seated next to you on the plane you'd want to sadly, just you have to sit there, grin (or not) and bear it.
Flying is necessary evil, I'm just glad I no longer fly for work. The kickers(behind me) the drunks (I was on flight where a women kept yelling every time the plane lurched at all) omg we're going to crash (that was most of the way from KC Mo to Philly),and the folks that take everything but the kitchen sink and store them in the overheads, leaving you no room for even your small laptop. etc. OK..off my soapbox

Date: June 07, 2008 09:54AM

That's funny.

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |