The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

car rental
Posted by: Kathy (---.rasserver.net)
Date: April 05, 2002 04:39PM

We will be at st. m. for a 12 hour stop on our cruise. My question is should we rent a car ? We would love to beach, shop, horseback if possible. We have an 8 yo son with us. I looked on line for rentals and thrifty car rentals were as cheap as 32 do. what do you think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: car rental
Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 05, 2002 08:17PM

Sounds like you have a pretty healthy agenda in mind. The shopping can be done in Philipsburg as can the beaching if you so choose. There is a horseback riding stable in the Cole Bay area which is not too far from town so you could conceivably do it all w/o the car (take a taxi to the stable). Personally, I think I'd can the horseback ride and rent a car just to see a little of the island. Then I'd do some beaching in several different locations to get a feel of the island. Or, rent the car and head out to Galeon Beach where there is another stable nearby. This might be another way to work in your entire agenda, doing the shopping on your way back to the cruise ship. One piece of advice - if you rent a car and do some traveling, leave NOTHING anywhere in your car - not the trunk, the back seat or the glovebox.

Posted by: mark (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 05, 2002 10:51PM

some advice that i think will help you. go shopping in phillipsburg as soon as you get there because the cruise ship pulls into great bay ( Phillipsburg) and is only minutes away. You can walk there!! Take whatever you buy back to ship and take a taxi and go enjoy the beaches.. horseback riding you can do anywhere and it is time consuming and you have precious little time to enjoy.. many, many beaches to choose from. most have beach cafes and bars close by.. have fun!!!

Posted by: Sharon and Dave (---.usr1-gtown.valstar.net)
Date: April 07, 2002 11:19AM

Hi = we did the cruise ship thing -- did one of the excursions off the ship did not get a chance to do the beach thing - but still got to see the majority of the island and shopping in Margot but no beaches - we loved it -- and now have atime share to enjoy - going back in February for the third time --- St Maarten is great see all you can see - it is beautiful

Posted by: Bob (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 09, 2002 04:01PM

Suggest you get a taxi if its just for one day. The traffic can be rough, especially around Phillipsburg and Marigot. The Taxis know the short cuts and can take you anywhere on the island and save you precious time.

They can take you and drop you off and pick you up at a designated time. You can rent a car, but if you are not familiar with St Martin, I suggest a taxi.

Bob

Posted by: HONEST -GUY (---.49-226.caribserve.net)
Date: May 04, 2008 06:25PM

sure that would be a spendid idea, or if not we have excellent taxi service so u can see the entire island

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |