The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Wedding Plans & Reception
Posted by: Sandra Nelson (206.53.247.---)
Date: October 04, 2001 07:17PM

GREETINGS!

We are planning a wedding on St. Maarten the end of this month. I would like to coordinate it all myself, if possible. There are only 10 of us total traveling, so I would like to avoid the expense of $800-1200 for a wedding planner on the island.

I have noted that everyone is most kind & gracious in sharing information on St. Maarten. So, does anyone have any reccommendations on the following. (Please note I am working from a St Maarten "Discover" magazine, which appears to be old.)

Specifically I need BUSINESSES, PHONE NUMBERS or E-MAIL, and your PERSONAL RECOMMENDATIONS.

Florist - 1 Bouquet, 1-2 centerpieces in WHITE FLOWERS such as LILLIES!

Baker - 2-3 layer cake with fresh flowers on top - EXQUISITE TASTING!

Caterer /Restaurant: Would like a private room or beautiful setting along the water with OUTSTANDING CUISINE- French is preferred, but not an absolute.

Choose from the following OR make any suggestions
LA COTTAGE
LE BEC FIN
LE SANTAL
FABULOUS FEASTS

Special Day Trip - We would like to take our guests on a trip to another Island or a special outing on or off of St. Maarten, any suggestions?

We would like to concentrate on making the meal/reception MOST MEMORABLE for our guests. Your assistance is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Sandra

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wedding Plans & Reception
Posted by: Mollie (---.arthurandersen.com)
Date: October 04, 2001 07:38PM

This website should give you plenty of information. [www.sxmtripreports.com]
You've got your work cut out for you if you're planning all of this by the end of this month.

A special day trip would be St. Barts. Take the catamaran from Bobbie's Marina. Cost would be about $75 per person. Other alternative would be ferry to Anguilla for the day. Cost would be about $22 per person ($10 each way + $2 departure tax). Ferry leaves from Marigot 3 times a day.

Posted by: SUSAN WITT (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 09, 2001 12:36PM

The only place that I saw a phone # for Fabulous Feasts was on a web site www.odrc.com. It is mainly a villa renting service, but after clicking on the st. marteen button, you will see a listing on the left that includes dining. Fabulous Feasts have their menus there along with phone #. However, it is my understanding that they only come to your home to prepare the meals.

My mother has a condo on the island, and we have made many trips there over the years. Although we live in NYC and have travelled the world, my husband still insists that at least five of the ten bests meals we have ever had have been on SXM. Most of our favorites are up in Grand Case. There is a great web site
www.grandcase.com that lists all of the phone #'s. Some hyperlink into there web sites and you can actually see the menus and see pictures of the restaurants. Some of our favorites up in Grand Case are Le Tastevin (on the water) and L'Alabama (which is listed as Alabama on that web site). Both have the kind of food you are looking for.

Good luck and congratulations.

Posted by: webmaster CPC (---.w81-248.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: March 06, 2008 08:22AM

A lot of pictures and informations on :

[www.caribbean-pictures.com]

[www.viewermagazine.com]

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: March 06, 2008 11:36AM

NOT that it matters but do you know the original question was asked seven years ago?

Posted by: irina (---.z169-104-66.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 06, 2008 03:00PM

Sandra,
I think it is a lovely idea that you have. I for one would recommend Le Bec Fin. It is on the Dutch side, on Pelican Hill. They have a lovely deck that overlooks Kim Sha beach that would be perfect. The food is divine and service is very good. The best part is they charge in Dollars not Euros so you get more bang for your buck. Any of the restaurants can recommend florist and baker. I recommend Where's Ivan for the cake.

I would recomment the trip to Anguilla to Shoal Bay East. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in the caribbean, great shore snorkeling, great fun and wonderful pictures.

Good Luck and Best
irina

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 06, 2008 04:21PM

irina

Sandra has probably been married for 7 years now LOL

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: March 06, 2008 06:08PM

Hopefully!!!!

Posted by: irina (---.z169-104-66.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 12, 2008 06:20PM

You people are SICK!! Sick I tell ya!
LOL
i

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |