The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

New to this forum with question
Posted by: nolenurse999 (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: November 11, 2007 06:48AM

Hello! My family and I are visiting St.Maarten on Nov. 29 on the Carnival Victory. I am thinking of booking a day sail with the "Random Wind". Does anyone have any input, any experiences? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to this forum with question
Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 11, 2007 07:03AM

We were on it 2 yrs ago and loved it. It was a windy day so were weren't able to go to all of the places listed for snorkeling. The snorkeling was great and so was the lunch on the boat. They don't allow more than 18-20 people per trip which is nice.
You can also try asking your question by going over to www.traveltalkonline.com for more input, too.

Date: November 11, 2007 07:34AM

Thank you so much!

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 11, 2007 03:35PM

nolenurse,

We've done the scheduled daysails with Random Wind and we've also chartered the boat privately on a few different occasions with family and friends but sadly, this was all done under the former owner and prior April '07 when we last booked a day with them so we have no personal firsthand experience with the new owners.

I would hope that the same quality of trip would continue to be their benchmark but I know the owners have already changed a few things - one of which, is apparently the fact they will now take 18-20 people. In the past, as far as I knew, I thought they limited their daysails to 15-16 passengers maximum. I have heard they are also doing scheduled nude trips upon request now so you might want to check that one out. Or not.

We always had a great day, whether it was one of their scheduled trips or a private charter and it was never anything less than being treated like royalty on your own private yacht for the day. I'm sure the new owners will want to continue this tradition.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Date: November 11, 2007 04:29PM

Thanks Pat. When I get back, I'll let u know.
Cindy

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 11, 2007 06:32PM

Cindy,

If I can add an additional thought about this - don't know exactly what you're booking and, be very careful about times, particularly the time you get back into Simpson Bay as compared to your ship's departure time. If you have one of those late departing ships it's not a problem but the traffic can be pretty brutal from Simpson Bay into town and all the way out to the cruise ship dock. Much as I enjoy St. Maarten, I'd hate to see anyone end up there because they missed their ship.

That said, enjoy your cruise and I hope you enjoy St. Maarten/St. Martin and the Random Wind, should you choose to do this trip.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 11, 2007 07:24PM

good point Pat
the traffic is horrible already. The other day it took me over an hour to get from Simpson bay to my house, which is outside of Philispburg.
It would have taken another 20 minutes to get to the cruise ship dock.

Posted by: Sharon (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: November 12, 2007 08:48AM

Hi, If you call your travel agent, they can get you a complete itinerary of all the activites and times so you can choose all your day trips and as soon as you get on board you can book anything you want to do through the ship activities. This is the safest way to be sure a half or full day trip will get you there and back on time. We do this so we can pllan our trip better. There may be one that can be arranged for you through the ship. Your whole excursion including pick up from the ship, taken to the boat and back is all co-ordinatoed to be sure you are back on time. Have fun. The cruise is how we found St Marten and we have been back every year for many years since. Hope this might help

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |