The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Private Day Charter to St. Barts
Posted by: Island Cindy (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 25, 2007 09:31PM

Can anyone recommend a company that will do a private day charter to St. Barts? We have a group of 13 adults that will be in SXM at the end of May, and would like to sail to St. Barts one day. I'm thinking perhaps a sailing cat ...?

Any recommendations (with email addresses or websites if possible) would be very much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Private Day Charter to St. Barts
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 25, 2007 11:10PM

Take at least 2 "barf bags" per person. It is a brutally rough ride. Sorry for the negativity...just the unfortunate truth. spike

Posted by: stef (---.w80-8.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: May 21, 2007 10:08PM

Hello Island Cindy,
I'm Stef and sorry "no adds" but i do have to answer this one...
I'm the capitaine of the scoobi's.
You can take the ferry from Pelican water sport or the Voyager but if you want to private a sailing boat in operation your choice will be Tango, Lambada, Bluebeard or ...Scoobifree.
You can contact Corine via marinetime@wanadoo.fr . this time of the year the sea is pretty calm and the best sugestion that you take the boat from Oyster pond , it's just shorter..
It's will be very difficult for you to find a another sailing boat because the fleet in place here in SXM are mainly for a week charter bso you have to stick with day charter.
Ask around for Scoobidoo , i do believe that exactly what you want.
Very important! ..since 9/11 imigration is getting tuf so, make sure that each of you have a passport.
Hoping that this will help you,
Stef.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: May 22, 2007 08:26AM

I made the trip to St. Barts and Saba and didnt think either trip to be brutal but Im a boater. It can be rough if your not but if you are its usually not a real big deal. Some good suggestions are stare at the horizon and don't concentrate on the water and waves, stay in the open air if possible and try not to inhale engine fumes, don't eat a big meal before getting on the boat but do eat a little something like toast and take a dramamine or bomine about a half hour before departure. The bands are supposed to be good and ginger root tea to but I never used them personally.

Posted by: Pat Madden (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 22, 2007 06:12PM

One might try Swaliga out of Chesterfields Restaurant in Philipipsburg.They go over at least twice a week. You might be able to arrange a charter deal if there are 13 people

Posted by: Roohollah (80.191.230.---)
Date: June 12, 2007 06:57AM

Hello

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |