The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

car rental
Posted by: Bill DiCaprio (---.alb.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 28, 2006 09:27AM

Have used Tropical car rental 2 years ago. Also read where people are very happy with Kenny's car rental. Would like to hear recent comments about both.
Thanks
Bill

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: car rental
Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: June 28, 2006 10:44AM

Rented Kennys in May and couldnt of been happier. Liked getting my car right at the airport and not having to go off into the boonies to get it.

Posted by: Billy (151.198.71.---)
Date: June 28, 2006 03:35PM

Frequent visitor to SXM and Kenny's Car Rental has never failed me!

Friendly service, reliable cars, competitive pricing, meets you at the airport with the car and no hassels.

Highly recommnded!

Posted by: Doc (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 28, 2006 10:25PM

Used Tropical multiple times and was happy until a few bad rental experiences 2 years ago (airport no-show, bad brakes that required 2 hours of waiting at the base to fix, etc.) I then switched to Unity, who has been fantastic in every sense (last week, they came to the hotel in a driving rain storm to fix a car for a member of my party).

Don't have much experience with Kenny's, although I have only heard positive feedback.

Posted by: scottie (---.rcc.org)
Date: June 28, 2006 11:58PM

I used Unity last year but the car I was given had constant squeeling from the brake sensors everytime they were applied. I got through the 2 weeks ok but that gets annoying and they knew about them when they gave me the car. I'm switching to Kenny's.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 29, 2006 07:06AM

Doc,

We've used Lesley Bruce, Kenny's Car Rental for quite a while now and I have to say, he has never let us down. We've always gotten exactly what we asked for at prices which have been reasonable but the very best part for us has been being able to pick our car up AT the airport and then being done and on our way. We have, over many years, used other companies that involved going elsewhere for our cars and while it wasn't a MAJOR big deal, it was just one more step that had to be done before you could declare yourself "ON VACATION!!" Lesley's services eliminate that last chore. Plus, it's always nice to walk out the airport door and be greeted with that great big smile and the warm, "Hi, folks. Welcome to St. Maarten!"

pat

Posted by: zoi (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 29, 2006 03:14PM

Interested in renting approx. 2 cars for a day. Does anyone know if Kenny's car rental delivers to cruise ship port or any other rental comp. that is reliable?
We would like to spend the day in St. Maarten on our own. Anyone have any suggestions do I really need a car or is there any other means of transportation to and from shopping and beaches? Thanks for the help.

Posted by: laura farabee (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: July 09, 2006 04:54PM

HI! My husband and I are going to St.Maartin and need a rental car. Is Bruce?? the same as Kenny's???? I heard before to go to Bruce ________, but lost that email address. Could you send me Kenny's email, PLEASE???!!!! Thanks in advance

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 09, 2006 06:14PM

Laura,

Lesley Bruce is the owner of Kennys Car Rentals - named after his daughter, I believe. If you would like to e-mail him try:

bruce@sintmaarten.net

and I'm sure he'll respond to you quickly.

pat

Posted by: sheila (---.link2usa.com)
Date: July 09, 2006 10:22PM

Just returned from a two week stay and rented from tropicana. This was our second time with them and did not have an problems. Met us at the airport coming and going.

Posted by: mic (---.msn.com)
Date: July 09, 2006 10:52PM

use AAA. they are the best

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |