email me or call 1-888-712-3224
Terres Basses, St.Martin - 5 bedroom villa
The approach to Mer Soleil sets the stage for an exotic French Creole villa with Mediterranean flair. Colorful mosaics embedded in whitewash walls hug the teak main gate further flanked by tall palms in oversized planters. Past the gate, the stone paved drive is edged with colorful tropical shrubs and palms. Arches, terracotta roofing, columns and ironwork define the entrance. The view dazzles as you enter the home. The turquoise pool edged by tropical foliage draws your eye to the Caribbean Sea and brilliant blue sky. Within view are the island of Saba, Baie Lounge Beach and the luxury hotel La Samanna. At night, sunsets are simply brilliant.
The villa flows seamlessly from the interiors to the covered terraces and onto the spacious pool terrace. The open plan great room mixes Caribbean touches with French style. Arched windows, doors and ironwork add to the exotic attitude. Rattan, teak, painted and tiled furniture accent the local art and interesting accessories. Cream and blue tones connect the seating and dining area. A large Provençal style kitchen, in beautiful wood cabinetry and marble tiles with high-end appliances, is a very elegant place to prepare a meal, whether by a professional or amateur chef. The main kitchen opens to the view and to a gorgeous blue tile Moroccan inspired covered outdoor kitchen and dining gazebo. It is a stunning place to cook and dine al-fresco. The gazebo also houses additional living room seating overlooking the gardens and ocean view.
Three bedrooms are in the main villa; two off the upper terrace and one at garden level. Two additional bedrooms are in a private cottage tucked behind the villa. All bedrooms have either sea or garden views plus private seating inside and out. Poster beds, rattan and teak furniture, charming Provence and tropical inspired fabrics in blues, yellows and white create a romantic feel to the rooms. The en-suite bathrooms are gorgeous in traditional Provençal tiles and mosaics, each room in a different color. Several bathrooms have either sea or garden views from their walk-in showers. The cottage bedroom suites each have a wet bar and fridge while also providing an interconnecting door, a great feature for families.
You are close to amenities. Two minutes to Baie Nettle’s culinary stars Le Sand, Dreams and Mezza Luna. Wonderful gourmet food and wine stores are just a short drive in Cupecoy along with the Starz Casino and fine dining options Escape and Temptation. A short 15-minute drive and you are at the International airport or the nightlife of Maho. The French Capital, Marigot, is only 15 minutes from the villa where you can enjoy Duty Free shopping, boutiques, bakeries and the Creole Market.
- Pool: 34' X 17'
- Each of the five bedrooms has a king size bed, air conditioning, ceiling fan and a safe. Each bedroom also has a private bathroom with a shower. All bedrooms also have a TV, DVD and CD Player. Can be rented as a 3-4 or 5 bedroom villa. Private bathrooms with shower. Total number of bathrooms: 5½
- Living Room:
- Air Conditioned, Sophisticated Caribbean Furniture, 60 inch Flat TV, DVD, VCR and CD with speakers in every room. Collection of music and movies. Viking gas grill in out door kitchen.
- Air-conditioned bedrooms, Air-conditioned living area, Bar-B-Q Gaz, CD player, Ceiling fans, DVD player, Electric Gate, Fridge, Gazebo, Hair Dryer, Internet Access, Microwave, No Pet, Propane mosquito trap, Safe, Satellite TV, Stereo, Stove, TV, Voltage 110/220, Washer / Dryer, Fully A/C, except kitchen which opens to the outside
- Special Event:
- The villa must be booked 7 nights minimum and to its full capacity only ! • Special promotion or discount cannot be applied ! • Additional to 7 nights rental, the owners would apply an event fee from US$ 1000 to US$ 5000 according to the number of invited guests (net owners) + security deposit (one day event only). • The owners would not accept more than 2 pax per bedroom and on the property except on the event day . • The guests would be responsible to clean the villa after the event . • Check-in day cannot be on the event day & Check-out day cannot be the day right after the event . • Any catering company/private chef and wedding planner must be approved by the owners to organized any event on their property . • In case of any damage caused by anyone during the stay (guests, chef, wedding planner …), the clients would be fully responsible for it .
- To Marigot: 11 minutes drive
- To Nearest Grocery Store: 6 min. drive
- To Beach: 2 min. drive to Baie Longue
- See also map below
Weekly rates (excl. 10% government tax): 3 bedr. 4 bedr. 5 bedr. April 15 - December 16, 2021: $ 5,200 $ 6,200 $ 7,000 January 7 - April 14, 2021: $ 8,400 $ 9,200 $11,000 Christmas/New Year's: $20,000 $20,000 $20,000 Season dates for year after: High Season: January 2* - April 16, 2021 Low Season: April 17 - December 17, 2021 (seeChristmas/New Year's policyCHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR POLICIES: - 7 nights min. over Christmas week (departure by Dec.27, 2020) - 10 nights min. over New Year's only - 7 nights min. over New Year's only if Christmas week is already booked - 14 nights min. over both Christmas/NY weeks *Because of the 10 night min. over NY week, Christmas/New Year's rates are now applied from: Dec.19, 2020 – Jan.8, 2021 Once New Year week is booked, the high season rates can apply for any date right after our New Year guests departure.)
Since I have seen almost all villas, I can also give you some other recommendations if needed.
View on GoBeach Terres Basses Villa Map as brown number 21
View in Google Earth: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]
View in Google Maps: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]
|- - - Drone Pictures from 2016 (pre-Irma) - - -|