Baie Rouge Beach, St.Martin - 1 bedroom villa
Les Palmiers is THE premiere honeymoon villa in St. Martin (and possibly in the Caribbean) according to numerous magazines and online travel sources. In fact, Les Palmiers was selected for the cover photo of the popular Conde Nast Traveler magazine in a recent edition. But don’t be fooled; as famous and popular as this villa is it’s still a charming, romantic, and VERY private escape.
Les Palmiers sits directly on Baie Rouge Beach. You won’t find any crowded resorts around here; in fact you’ll have a hard time finding anyone else at all. Les Palmiers is one of just 14 villas located in a private gated community (with 24 hour private security service) called the Residences Baie Rouge.
As you drive through the private gate into an oasis of landscaped gardens flanking a short winding driveway you’ll soon reach the parking area at the foot of a wide set of marble stairs that lead up to the villa. Up the stairs, through a doorway, and WOW the first thing that will hit you is how close to the beach and the Caribbean Sea you actually are. The biggest decision you’ll be worried about at this point is whether to jump in the pool, head right out to the beach, or step into the villa (careful, it’s comfy, you might never leave).
If you choose to stay outside you’ll quickly notice that the entire pool deck and steps into the pool are Italian marble. In fact, why not step into the private pool right now – it’s the perfect first stop. Float around on foam mattresses, enjoy the in-pool built in seating and take in the view of Anguilla, or read a book on the comfortable daybed and chaises lounges. If you want to be a little more active you can take a stroll down the mile long beach. When you get back you’ll be ready to see what the inside of Les Palmiers has to offer.
Les Palmiers is an open-concept fully air-conditioned villa decorated with classic plantation furniture, plush seating, and a luxurious W Hotel King Size Bed. The room is laid out so that the bed, comfortable living seating area and a dining table all share the same space. The TV swivels from bed to dining table so you can enjoy Satellite or Netflix movies from any point in the room.
The kitchen is through a doorway off the dining area – with everything you could ever want, need, or expect in a private luxury villa. Guests can cook up a romantic dinner for their sweetie, have a private chef come in to cook for them, or head out to any of the amazing restaurants on the island – the choice is yours.
The large bathroom is located off the bedroom side of the main room – with a huge shower featuring awesome mosaic tiling, a wide mirror over double vanity sinks, and a closed toilet. Off to the right is a walk-in dressing room with plenty of space to hang that fancy suit or cocktail dress that you’ve brought for a special evening on the town (or if you just brought your bathing suit there’s plenty of room for that too).
Les Palmiers welcomes a number of repeat guests back every year. One big reason for this is the housekeeper, Cecily, and the gardener, Sylvester. They’re around to help you with anything you need (9am to 2pm from Monday to Saturday) but they’re also very good at making themselves scarce if you prefer. Either way, they look forward to welcoming you to Les Palmiers in the very near future.
- Pool: Yes. Solar Heated Pool stocked with Pool floats. Villa music system with 11 speakers around the pool and indoors . Chaises on the pool decks and on the beach.
- This one bedroom villa has a king size bed, air conditioning & a ceiling fan. Maximum of 2 pax - No additional bed will be allowed. The bathroom has a shower. Lighted Makeup mirrors and full length dressing mirrors. Gilchrist and Soames Spa Therapy bath amenities provided daily.
- Living Room:
- 60 inch LED TV with HD satellite (US Television, News and Sports channels), Netflix, smart TV, Blu ray player (100's of blu ray and DVD movies). Villa music system with 11 speakers around the pool and indoors Kitchen fully stocked with chefs cookware and elegant formal and "pool side" dinner ware. Three Dining areas - Indoor dining room, Beach side in the sun & Pool Side covered Terrace Dining.
- Air-conditioned bedrooms, Air-conditioned living area, Bar-B-Q Gaz, Beachfront, CD player, Ceiling fans, DVD player, Electric Gate, Fridge, Hair Dryer, Internet Access, Microwave, Netflix, No Pet, Non Smoking, Safe, Satellite TV, Smart TV, Stereo, Stove, TV, Voltage 110/220, Laundry Service Available
- Non smoking property, Maximum 2 pax, Beach out of the door, 5 minutes to Marigot, St Martin, or Maho, Sint Maarten, Private, gated, lushly gardened property, in Residence de Baie Rouge, St Martins Leading, exclusive gated private community
- To Marigot: 10 minutes drive
- To Nearest Grocery Store: 5 min. drive
- To Beach: A few steps out of the door
- See also map below
Weekly rates (excl. 10% government tax): April 15 - December 14: $ 7,000 December 15 - April 14: $ 7,500 Christmas/New Year's: $11,000
Since I have seen almost all villas, I can also give you some other recommendations if needed.
View on GoBeach Terres Basses Villa Map as red number 6a
View in Google Earth: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]
View in Google Maps: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]