Terres Basses, St.Martin - 4+1 bedroom villa
L'Olivier, named for the olive trees that line the long winding driveway to the villa from the private entry gate, sits on a commanding position offering over 230 degree views from the island of Anguilla, across Plum Bay Beach, all the way to the middle of Long Bay Beach. From any vantage point along the lengthy sea-facing deck you feel like you're on top of the world.
As you enter through the front door of L'Olivier your eyes will immediately be drawn over the terrace to the azure blue sea and as you step forward you quickly realize the awesome inside/outside living this villa offers. The air-conditioned kitchen is on your left and the air conditioned living room is through the wide sliding doors to your right. In between you'll find a comfortable covered seating area and a small table and chairs just outside the kitchen – a perfect spot to enjoy your morning coffee.
Take another few steps forward and now you're on the terrace. To the left you can access the free form pool and two of the bedrooms. To the right there's a fantastic covered outdoor dining table and beyond that a third bedroom followed by the master bedroom up a few (4) stairs. Another dining area is positioned at the property's highest point on the Master bedroom's private deck – offering L'Olivier's best views. Finally, there is a separate cottage studio located down a set of 24 steps from the main pool level.
And last but not least, one of the least known features of L'Olivier is the seaside gazebo at the north end of the property. There is no sea-access from this point but there's no better spot to take in the sounds of waves crashing against the rocks below. The long stairway (54 steps to be exact) is a workout but well worth the effort. Just remember to bring down your book and a small cooler with snacks and drink - then you're all set for a very relaxing afternoon.
Can be rented as a 2-3-4 or 4+1 Bedroom villa .
- Pool: Yes, free form
- One large master bedrooms with king size bed, two bedrooms with king size bed, one smaller bedroom with queen size bed (+1 bedroom), 1 separate cottage with living room and 1 bedroom with king size bed accessible through an outside staircase from the main house. All the bedrooms have air conditioned & private bathroom.
- Living Room:
- Air Conditioned, Modern furniture, TV, DVD, CD player & ceiling fan.
- Air-conditioned bedrooms, Air-conditioned living area, Bar-B-Q Gaz, CD player, Ceiling fans, DVD player, Electric Gate, Fridge, Gazebo, Hair Dryer, Internet Access, Microwave, Safe, Satellite TV, Stereo, Stove, TV, Voltage 110/220, Washer / Dryer
- Caretaker, gardener, house keeper, pool service
- To Marigot: 12 min. drive
- To Nearest Grocery Store: 10 min. drive
- To Beach: 1 min. drive
- See also map below
Weekly rates (excl. 10% government tax): 2 bedr. 3 bedr. 4 bedr. 4+1 bedr. April 15 - December 14: $ 4,500 $ 4,500 $ 5,000 $ 5,500 December 15 - April 14: $ 5,800 $ 6,700 $ 7,800 $ 8,500 Christmas/New Year's: $16,000 $16,000 $16,000 $16,000 Special Event : This property can be rented for "special event" such as Wedding Party of Cocktail Party . Additional to one week minimum rental, an event fee & a security deposit would be required according to the number of guests . The guests will be responsible to clean the house after the event and the owners will not accept more guests at the villa than what the villa can accommodate during the entire rental period (2 pax per bedroom) beside the event day .
Since I have seen almost all villas, I can also give you some other recommendations if needed.
View on GoBeach Terres Basses Villa Map as purple number 5
View in Google Earth: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]
View in Google Maps: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]