Baie Longue, St.Martin - 4 bedroom villa
This breathtaking setting is a beach lover’s dream. Entering the fabulous coral stone drive and courtyard, the first thing you see are iconic sea grapes and tropical shrubs topped by the brilliant blue sky; the first thing you hear is the sound of waves crashing on shore. You smell the intoxicating salty sea. This is heaven. Blue Beach sits on a hillock above the shore. It’s an exotic, luxurious cottage that exudes Old World Caribbean style overlaid with a contemporary attitude. The views are simply breathtaking. You see the full length of Baie Lounge beach; straight ahead is the sapphire blue sea and the magical island of Saba. Sunsets are amazing.
Embedded in lush tropical gardens, the house is composed of two wings flanking a large pool centered in a tumbled travertine terrace that expands the full length of the residence. Built on multi-levels, sweeping carved stairs connect the terrace spaces. The entire structure is just steps from the sandy shore. A pretty gazebo for watching sunsets sits at the terrace edge. At one end of the verandah is a two bedroom cottage with private patio. Both bedrooms have sea views; one has a kitchenette. The décor is in romantic; serene, white and comfortable. Beautiful custom mahogany Creole windows and doors add to the atmosphere. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom in pretty tiles.
The main wing sits at the opposite end of the terrace. The open, airy great room, fully open to the view and the breezes, has spacious seating for relaxing. Rattan and teak furniture accented with tropical colors define the area. A well-equipped, modern galley style kitchen opens to the great room and the views. Deep covered verandahs with outdoor seating and dining spaces extend from the great room. You are steps from the ocean. A low coral stone sea wall, lined with silver button wood, palms and bougainvillea, separates the terraces from the beach.
Two additional bedrooms are off the great room. Both have sea views, spa style bathrooms and charmingly furnished in rattan, wicker and teak with white linens. To expand sleeping capacity, Blue Beach can be rented along with its sister villa, Turtle Nest, right next door. It’s like having Baie Lounge Beach all to yourself.
You are secluded, yet close to amenities. The beach is right in front of you. The fabulous restaurants and food purveyors in Baie Nettle and Puerto Cupecoy are a few minutes’ drive. You are 10 minutes to the French capital of Marigot, with its shops, restaurants, markets and galleries and 8 minutes to the airport. Grand Case and Philipsburg are 30 minutes away. !
- Location: Baie Longue Beach, Terres Basses
- View: Ocean, Saba and Baie Longue / Sunset
- Yes, size: 40x20ft (12x6m)
- Three bedrooms have a king size bed, when one of the cottage bedroom feature 2 twins (which can be set as a king size bed). All bedrooms have a/c, tv (including Netflix), fan and an en-suite bathroom with shower. Can be rented as a 2 bedroom villa (main house) or as a 4 bedroom villa (including the two bedroom cottage) ! All bathrooms feature showers and hairdryers. Total bathrooms: 4
- Living Room:
- AC, TV (including Netflix & satellite), DVD, Stereo, ceiling fan.
- Bar-B-Q Gaz, Beachfront, CD player, Ceiling fans, CO2 free electric mosquito trap, DVD player, Electric Gate, Fridge, Fully Air Conditioned, Gazebo, Hair Dryer, Internet Access, Microwave, Netflix, Safe, Satellite TV, Stereo, Stove, TV, Voltage 110/220, Washer / Dryer
- To Marigot: 10 min.
- To Nearest Grocery Store: 5 min. drive
- To Beach: Out the door!
- See also map below
- To Marigot: 10 min.
Weekly rates (excl. 8% tax and service): 2 bedr. 3 bedr. 4 bedr. April 15 - December 14: $ 6,500 $ 6,900 $ 7,300 December 15 - April 14: $ 9,900 $11,000 $12,000 Christmas/New Year's: $23,000 $23,000 $23,000
Since I have seen almost all villas, I can also give you some other recommendations if needed.
View on GoBeach Terres Basses Villa Map as light blue number 1
View in Google Earth: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]
View in Google Maps: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]