Caribbean Vacation Villas of Barbados
The easternmost land in the Caribbean, characterized by pleasantly rolling countryside with fields of sugar cane and colorful villages. Barbados, which is surrounded by coral reefs, has plenty of beautiful white sandy beaches.
Barbados was discovered in 1536 by the Portuguese, and colonized 90 years later by the British. After being a British colony for over 300 years it became an independent member of the Commonwealth in 1966. Driving on the island is therefore on the left side!
One of the Barbadian Highlights: the Barbados Crop Over Festival; June 28th - August 5th
Things to see:
The capital of Barbados, Bridgetown, founded 1628, is full of history. Except for the central bank there are no really large buildings. Don't miss Careenage, the picturesque old harbor or Queens Park, the former residence of the British Troops of the West Indies, which is now a public park with flowering gardens. Also worth a visit is the Barbados Museum featuring the natural history of Barbados and the Caribbean.
Barbados has plenty of beautiful white sand beaches. The best beaches can be found along the Caribbean (southwestern) coast. Here you can find long stretches of white sand and calm waters. However this is also the area where most of the beach resorts are located. All beaches are 'public' although sometimes you have to cross the property of the hotels. A large part of the north, southeast, and east coasts have steep limestone cliffs, but in between those small private sandy coves with palmtrees can be found. Be careful with swimming though, currents and undertow can be strong on the east side of the island. Quiet sand beaches can also be found on the northwestern coast, like e.g. Horseshoe Bay, Cluff's Bay or Archers's Bay, these are only accessible by secondary paved/unpaved roads. Crane Bay on the southeast is probably one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, but the waves can be quite rough at times.
snorkeling and scuba diving: Barbados is surrounded by coral reefs. Best area for snorkeling are along the west coast, with reefs in 20 to 30 ft. of water, close to shore. More spectacular scuba diving is done at the outer barrier reefs where also some shipwrecks can be found. The water is exceptional clear (even for Caribbean standards).
Exploring the island:
Harrison's Cave: Barbados has many limestone caverns, Harrison's cave is easily accessible and very impressive. A battery-powered tram takes you down into the lighted cavern. The Great Hall is spectacular, with its many stalagmites and stalactites. Another highlight is the waterfall.
Welchman Hall Gully: one of the many nature reserves. You can take a fascinating walk through one of the deep ravines. The path leads along limestone walls thick with vegetation. Walk through the jungle, pass a massive pillar (>4 ft, formed by joining of stalactite and stalagmite, considered one of the largest in the world), palms, nutmegs, continue through an open area. And above all enjoy the beautiful views!
The Flower Forest: It consists of a 50 acre tropical garden, situated on Richmond Plantation 850 ft high. Here you can find a great variety of tropical fruit trees, like, breadfruit, nutmeg, Barbados cherry, soursop, guava, etc. Also colorful tropical flowers like red ginger, petrea coral lilies. Along the footpath benches can be found to enjoy the spectacular views. A reward awaits you in the bar where you can have some of those well deserved exotic fruit drinks at the bar.
More island information coming soon...
Caribbean Vacation Villas
We offer a selection of over 80 private luxury vacation villas spread over the whole island. Something for everyone: from beachfront to hilltop. Currently we are working on getting the catalog on-line. Take a look at our price list for all available villas.
- Click and explore our on-line villa catalog:
- Villa Mandalay. A very attractively furnished three bedroom home right on Brighton Beach.
- Freyers Well Bay House. A charming three bedroom villa built on a coral cliff on the St. Lucy coastline, overlooking the sea with a pathway leading to the beach.
- Ebb Tide. A ranch-style, very tastefully decorated house situated on a very nice bathing beach.
- Gibbes House. A 4 bedroom plantation-style home in walking distance from Gibbes Beach. Former residence of the Brazilian Ambassador. Studio cottages on property can be rented separately for more space.
- Klairan. A spacious 4 bedroom villa set in one and a half acre of tropical gardens.
- Rossferry. A very comfortable four bedroom villa with lovely gardens.
- Frantasia. Ultimate luxury. Better than this would be hard to find. "Step into a magical world of fantasy".
- San Flamingo. Luxurious four bedroom villa, with large living room, private tennis court and a fantastic pool area.
- Mullins Mill. Unique! Built around a 17th century sugar mill, set on a ridge of 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. Sleeps twelve, fully staffed.
- Jackson Heights. Elegantly furnished, Spanish style villa. Three bedrooms plus the one-bedroom Monkey Cottage. Baby grand piano.
- Foc'sl. A comfortable, secluded, two-bedroom beach cottage, situated right on St.James Beach.
- High Constantia. A two-bedroom Spanish style villa overlooking the Golden Mile Beach. Spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea.
- Cashmere. A nice Barbadian style three bedroom home, right in the beach.
- High Point. A lovely five bedroom house, large pool and beautifully landscaped grounds.
- South Winds. An attactive 3 bedroom ranch style home, right on Gibbs beach.
- Al Hambra. A Morrocon style 5-bedroom home, with private pool and tennis court.
- Woodlands. A unique and very private beachfront hideaway at Cobblers Cove. Four bedrooms.
- Villa Melissa. A three bedroom Spanish style house with its red clay tile roof and natural coral stone patio. Close to the beach.
- High Tide. A nice three bedroom villa on Mullin Bay Beach.
- Blue Point. A charming three bedroom seaside home on the lovely Gibbs Beach. Hundred feet of beach frontage.
- Dudley Wood Beach House. An Ian Morrison redesigned villa. Luxuriously furnished and decorated. Three bedrooms, on Gibbs Beach.
- Baggywrinkle. Very spacious three bedroom villa, right on St.James Beach.
- Tamarindo. A superb, attractively furnished, Spanish style, 3 bedroom home set in well maintained, spacious gardens that run to the lovely St.James Beach.
- Preview of three five-bedroom villas:
- Preview of two four-bedroom villas:
- Preview of two three-bedroom villas:
- More villas are list on our price-list