The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

2016 SXM Trip Report - part 1
Posted by: SXMNorm (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 28, 2016 05:55PM

Trip Report – SXM Jan/Feb 2016

TRAVEL – AA down and back, ¾ on “miles”.
[i216.photobucket.com]
St Louis through Charlotte outbound on Saturday. Through Miami homebound. Trip Report – SXM Jan/Feb 2016Granted we traveled on Wednesday coming home, but it was less than 45 minutes from the time our plane stopped at the gate till we were through C & I, rechecked our bags, through Security, and “back in the system”. Can hardly get any faster than that.
Here’s a few views we all look forward to.
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
CAR - angela@horizoncarrentals.com 2 weeks plus 4 days - $480.00/cash for a Corolla. No problems. Easy airport pickup and drop off.
PHONE – Sharon at queenofsxm2000@yahoo.com Phone ready. $45 for our stay including $10. for about 30 minutes which we didn’t use all of.
GROCERIES – Who else but Jeannie and her www.shopndropgrocerysxm.com She is the best even with deliveries to OBBR which push their own stocking service.
ROOMS – We’re original owners at Oyster Bay Beach Resort since 1997. They gave us a requested 1 bedroom unit with lockout on the first floor. Our traveling friend, Tom, recently had back surgery and the fewer steps, the better. This room had no steps. The room had a slightly hidden by trees view of Dawn Beach.
[i216.photobucket.com] This pic was actually taken from next door at Beau Beau’s.
Our second week we moved to a 2 bedroom unit looking towards St Barts. It was only a few steps up or down. It would have nicer and more considerate if management had told us a little more than two hours, that we had to move.
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
OBBR is in great shape. Totally recovered and improved since Hurricane Gonzalo. The Gardeners have done a wonderful job.
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
OBBR has also totally redone the Infinity Bar and Restaurant as well as the main courtyard bathrooms. They did a nice job giving the bar a nautical look with more seat around the bar.
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
Here’s their bar menu.
[i216.photobucket.com]
And some of their dishes. Their Caesar Salad - - [i216.photobucket.com]
Chicken Club - [i216.photobucket.com]

Chicken Alfredo
[i216.photobucket.com]
BLT –
[i216.photobucket.com]

The last four days of our trip were spent at Turquoise Shell Inn on Airport Road. $145./night. We like it there because it’s an easy walk to many great eating places. It also very close to the airport for the early departures. It’s only a few steps across a road to Simpson Bay Beach. Carter keeps the place in good shape. He says it’s still for sale and that he’s had interest, but no firm bids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2016 SXM Trip Report - part 1
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 01, 2016 08:03AM

hi Norm thanks for the trip report. so sorry I missed the get together.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |