The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

part 2 of 3 Trip report Nov 2-18, 2014
Posted by: SXMNorm (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 25, 2014 10:10PM

Part Two

Lunches -

Infinity Restaurant – Located in the main building of the Oyster Bay Beach Resort. Very relaxing and beautiful setting.[i216.photobucket.com] We enjoyed a long lunch courtesy of our Time Share Sales person, Frances. Betty and I shared a Chicken Caesar Salad and a Ham and Cheese Croissant. [i216.photobucket.com] Normally that's more than we eat for lunch, but Frances was busy with paperwork and so we just kept eating. We, of course, could not pass up a Creme Brulee. [i216.photobucket.com] The whole meal was very good, although the Caesar dressing was a little too vinegary. Service charge is added to you bill.

Beau Beau's – Our first visit there this trip was on Tuesday. Tuesday is Guavaberry Ribs Special Day. Betty put the Guavaberry Ribs ($14.95)in the OMG category. [i216.photobucket.com] They're not on the menu, nor always available, but you should make an effort to try them. And if you ask the waiter, they might be able to make them up for you. They were created by Beau Beau's new Chef, Lewis. [i216.photobucket.com] Our waiter, Rique, even provided a finger wash, although after licking our fingers, there wasn't much to wash.[i216.photobucket.com]
On another visit we had another of our favorites, Caesar Salad with grilled chicken($13.95). Really good, with a much better Caesar dressing than Infinity.
A nice setting for a meal, especially when there's no seaweed. [i216.photobucket.com]
Beau Beau's does add service charge to your bill.

Captain Olivers - To be honest this is the first time I've actually eaten lunch at Captain Olivers restaurant. Earlier this fall, Philippe, General Manager , [i216.photobucket.com] changed the lunch menu. Among the new selections were a Chicken Burger [i216.photobucket.com] ($12.95) and a white Fish Burger, ($14.95). [i216.photobucket.com] Both came with fries and a small slaw serving . Other items included Creole Chicken Quesadillas, Club Sandwich, Capt Oliver Omelet, Vegetarian Sandwich.
It's a really nice place for lunch. Nice breeze, activity of the marina. Sandwiches were good. No service charge is added to bill and you can charge to credit card.

Mark's Place – In the shopping center next to Grand Marche. A long time favorite that gives you way too much food. This meal we were joined by our dear friend Barbara. I had made several fused glass plates with the “Be The Change” logo that I wanted to present to her in honor of her daughter, Erica, and for her to pass on to the other ladies who run that organization. [i216.photobucket.com]
Barbara, who is well known at Mark's had the Seafood salad. [i216.photobucket.com] Betty had the Chicken sandwich. [i216.photobucket.com] And I had the Pan Fried Grouper. [i216.photobucket.com]

Mr Busby's – One lunch Betty had the BLT [i216.photobucket.com] which is $10.50. I had a Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwich [i216.photobucket.com] . It's $8.50. There is no service charge at Mr Busby's and no credit cards.

Several lunches were left overs and frig clean-out meals.

Dinners -

Dinghy Dock – We had dinner here a couple times. Our first night we stopped for their rib plate. ($14.) [i216.photobucket.com]
Still tasty.. The second visit during the “curfew” ,we had Fish and Chips ($15.00) [i216.photobucket.com] As we were leaving OBBR we encountered a young couple looking for a fun place for dinner. We invited them to join us at Dinghy Dock. Since choices were limited by “the curfew”, they came along. Some of you may recognize Khanh and his wife of Khanh Sports in East Hampton. (www.KhanhSports.com) [i216.photobucket.com] Both times we were served by the ever efficient, always moving, and smiling, Jacquline. [i216.photobucket.com]

There's live music on Sunday evening. No service charge, Cash is appreciated, especially for tipping.

Buccaneer Beach Bar - We tend to go certain places for certain meals. At BBB we order their Cheese Burger with two sodas.($16.) It's big, juicy, with onions slices, lettuce, tomato and comes with fries.
No service charge and they do take “plastic”.

Island Pizza – Attached to the outside of Mr Busby's, Island Pizza, servers thin crust pizza with standard toppings. A cheese pizza is $13.50. After placing your order, you have to go to the bar in Mr Busby's and pay, then return outside and wait for you order to be done. It's pretty good pizza, especially if you like thin crust.

The Palms – A favorite of mine because I love Greg's Lasagna. Once again, he was out, so we went with favorite #2, The Drunken Ribs.

Piazza Pascal – No visit should be without a meal with Donna and Pascal's at their Piazza Pascal in the center of Grand Case. They just celebrated their 5th anniversary in business. One of the specials of the night was a Beet Salad w/ Goat Cheese which I enjoyed along with their Brushetta app. [i216.photobucket.com] We dined that night with good friends Cyndi and John, Owners of Tijon in Grand Case and La Jolla. [i216.photobucket.com] [i216.photobucket.com]

Pineapple Pete's PP's is another favorite. Not so much for the entree but for the Creme Brulee. This trip we split a Fish and Chips dinner, [i216.photobucket.com] $16.95 and a Creme Brulee. The dark rum drizzle adds so much to the great taste. [i216.photobucket.com]

SMYC(St Maarten Yacht Club) – One of our favorite meals is Happy Hour at SMYC. Their Bar Bites during HH are 3 for $15.. Their HH appetizers are 3 for $25. Any two can make a nice meal for us. Our favorite are the Grouper Fingers [i216.photobucket.com] and their small Caesar salad. Here's our favorite waitress, Jennifer with our Grouper Fingers. [i216.photobucket.com] Jennifer is from England and we love her British accent. Please say hello for us if you visit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: part 2 of 3 Trip report Nov 2-18, 2014
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 26, 2014 12:05PM

Norm, it was fun to see you and Betty and have lunch with you.
Thanks so much for the beautiful plates you made for Be the Change.
They are gorgeous and it was so thoughtful of you.
I didn't know you were so talented :-)

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2014 12:20PM by Barbara1.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |