The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Taxis in St. Martin
Posted by: Bess (---.89.83.42.nw.nuvox.net)
Date: June 12, 2014 09:40AM

Hi all! I plan to travel to St. Martin in early August for the first time. My question is about taxis. Can my husband and I take an individual taxi car from the airport to Grand Case? I am not fond of the shared taxi vans.

Also, how long will this ride take?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Taxis in St. Martin
Posted by: pat (32.216.68.---)
Date: June 12, 2014 12:45PM

Bess,

Yes, you can take a private car. Just tell the taxi monitor at the taxi queue that this is what you want to do. I don't know the price and the time should be about or less than a half hour but traffic can and often does throw a monkey wrench into the best of plans, or you might get lucky and manage to beat the crowds.

You could also make prearrangements with a driver to meet you at the taxi queue, arranging the pricing prior to arrivaland also additional travel on the island if that's something that appeals to you. One name that immediately comes to mind and whom I know many use is Wilfred Brooks whom you could probably google easily.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: Bess (---.89.83.42.nw.nuvox.net)
Date: June 12, 2014 02:15PM

Ok thanks. So there are definitely tax cars available at the airport is what I am understanding. Thanks!

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: June 12, 2014 06:25PM

Well.... most of the taxi at Juliana Airport are vans, and unfortunately, most of the time, the driver try to make one stone 2 (12....) birds (I am not sure my expression is correct as I am French and not sure of the exact translation, but I am sure you get the picture..)

Personally I use the service of Marcel Rey... send him an email telling him that Philippe from "Captain Oliver's" referred you to him and he should take care of your service :

Marcel Rey email : landlord_76@hotmail.com

He is extremely reliable IMHO

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: June 12, 2014 06:26PM

I forgot.. the ride from the airport to Gd Case should take about 20 minutes (if no traffic through Marigot)

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |