The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

I'm new to the forum.
Posted by: janster (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 21, 2014 11:01AM

Hello. Since I'm new to the forum I'm probably going to be annoying as heck with questions that have more than likely already been asked but just so you know, I did do a search on this first questions which came up with nothing! I was wondering if I could get information on this place: Residence Blue Beach. Since we have never been to St. Martin, we do not know much of anything. We are on a budget so this looked decent for the price. There are several little apartment style places and they are cute. Has anyone stayed in one of these and how is the location? It looked like a good location to me. We love the beach and walking the beach for miles if we could. Is this possible in this area? I would really love any information anyone can give me. It's hard to try to find a good place for a good price when there are so many areas to look at..overwhelming actually. Thanks.

Re: I'm new to the forum.
Posted by: SXMNorm (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 21, 2014 04:39PM

Is this the residence in the Oyster Pond area? If so, I know of people who have stayed there and were very satisfied. Of course, for the price, it's pretty basic, but comfortable.
If you send me a regular email address to SXMNorm@yahoo.com, I'll send you my list of eating places in the area.

Date: April 22, 2014 11:42AM

Yes, it is the Oyster Pond area. I'll send you my email address. Thanks.

Date: April 22, 2014 12:45PM

List sent.
Feel free to post as many questions as you can think of. We, who are addicted to this wonderful island, love nothing better than to impart info about SXM. It helps pass the time till our next trip.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 22, 2014 12:45PM

Welcome to the forum janster
you came to the right place. Norm is the most knowledgeable person there is about the Oyster Pond area.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: April 23, 2014 10:25AM

Thanks! I'll be gathering all my questions! I have sent a few requests to a couple of the places at Blue Beach but I don't get their responses (from owners) because it ends up in my spam as Delivery Notification failure so I am not able to get a response back from them. Not sure what that's all about.

Date: April 23, 2014 10:05PM

[www.st-martin-vacation.com]

Try this link. Maryse is the person Who is owner and manager. That's who my friends conteacted.

Posted by: johnj (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 24, 2014 07:12AM

This August will be our third time staying at Blue Beach. Maryse is great to work with and for the money has to be the best value on the island.

Date: April 24, 2014 09:44AM

I wanted to ask them about Daffodil that looked so cute but I noticed the calendar was full Feb. and March so that is out. I bet they fill up pretty quick at Blue Beach. Norm, I thought that was the website I went through and I don't think they are even getting my email. I'll try again. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 09:46AM by janster.

Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: May 01, 2014 04:32PM

Welcome Janster!!

Posted by: jimnjudy (---.telnetcommunications.com)
Date: May 02, 2014 09:29AM

We have stayed at Blue Beach as well and, as well, we were totally satified with the location and the premises.If you are on an upper floor the view is fantastic but ground level units have their advantages as well - we have stayed in both.
E mail us at...gasman@idirect.com and we will give you pros and cons about each unit and tips on staying there. We also have Maryse' e mail address and if you need a car she can get you one for $20 a day with airport pickup and return.
As Norm said the units are basic but fully equipped with free wifi and satellite tv and bbqs and we totally enjoyed doing our own cooking and the pool is beautiful with a great view of Oyster Bay.

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |