The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

RCI exchanges
Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: August 29, 2013 09:09AM

We deposited a week a couple years ago (rental fell through) and have exchanged it for a week at Caravanseri. Using it to extend our annual trip to SXM. As we're not usually exchanging, I was wondering if persons exchanging normally get great facilities, if available, or "not so great". Do they try to impress you, for possible future sale, or just accomodate you? I'm sure there are many people with a lot of exchange experience who could enlighten me. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RCI exchanges
Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 31, 2013 09:04PM

Over all our timeshare years we only did one trade and I have to say, we were very pleased with our exchange. We traded a 2-bedroom SXM week for a 2 bedroom Barbados week and it was delightful.

That said, the old rule of thumb was you could only exchange into what someone else had exchanged out of and you were supposed to get something similar to what you traded. I think, with all the points properties these days, that may have changed but I'm thinking, it couldn't hurt to mention at check-in that you might be interested in a purchase if a 'nice' unit was available to look at. Might or might not influence the front desk at check-in but that said, the rental schedules for any given week are set up early in the week so there's no guarantee it would help.

And the other thought is it's a seemingly nice property from what little we saw and I can't imagine you'd be terribly disappointed once there. The pool area and pool bar are absolutely lovely.........

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Re: RCI exchanges
Posted by: SXMScubaman (---.tukw.qwest.net)
Date: September 19, 2013 11:34AM

The front desk doesn't have anything to do with the sales dept. What they have available at check in is what you will end up with.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |