gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Thanks to Gert and Happy Birthday!
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2013 07:57AM

Happy Birthday Gert!
Hope you have a wonderful day
and again thanks for keeping this web site up and running,
There are not many of us still here but there is a small but loyal following.
Some might not remember that this forum was started to be informative during the hurricane, and now we have a new tropical storm ( Erin) coming across the ocean toward us. Where Erin will go is anyone's guess at this point but in case we need it, GoBeach is here, thanks to Gert!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Re: Thanks to Gert and Happy Birthday!
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2013 09:53AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERT!
Enjoy your day to the fullest!!!....

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: gert (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2013 12:19PM

Thank you! Another birthday..., but at least I am getting presents and have a party :-)

Also, this board also still exists because of the above two moderators! They are trying to keep the board clean of all those spammers, that are able to solve that mathematical question quite easily...

I was just on the island actually. It looks so nice and green! Had some great food and discovered a 'new' restaurant, l'Estaminet in Grand Case (where Alabama used to be I think). I could not believe that they have been there for 6 years and that we had never heard of it. The food was great, we ate there twice. Creative french food.

Another favorite where we ate twice, Au Plongeoir (if I spelled that right) in Marigot. Laid back restaurant in Marigot. Also french food.

We also had pizza at Chez Enzo, a food truck that is only there at night, located on the road between Grand Case and Orient, next to the pet shop I think. He has a big oven in his food truck :-). I am not a big pizza fan in general, but this was good, and wine only 6 euro, for the bottle that is!

Try them out!
Gert

Posted by: Neil Rooney (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2013 05:05PM

Happy Birthday SIR!

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 15, 2013 05:21PM

Gert,

I hope you get lots of presents and eat lots of cake but do share some with your beautiful family......

Another year passes and we all hope and pray for a quiet and peaceful hurricane season throughout the Caribbean and the US, but at the same time we remember when and why this forum came about and we recall the invaluable resource it was for those who were trying to connect with the island for serious reasons, as opposed to those of us who just wanted to 'know' about this place we love as visitors. Once again, I thank you for allowing it to continue over all these years.

It's had a few rough spots when most of us, if in your position, might have thrown in the towel and said 'enough!!' but you allowed it to continue and found a means to keep it there for those people who had a question, wanted an answer and didn't need the chitty-chatty aspects of so many travel forums not that there's anything wrong with that either. Go Beach is what it is and its a valuable resource to many.

(And thanks, too, to the moderators you entrusted with the care and well-being of your baby - they do a great job even if I am a little partial!)

Thank you and perhaps with that cake you want to drink wine? Good wine!! Lots of wine?

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Kennys (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: August 15, 2013 05:43PM

Happy Birthday Gert !
Enjoy your day !

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: August 15, 2013 08:49PM

Hope you had a great birthday!! Happy Happy!!!!

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |