The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Wi-Fi @ The Towers
Posted by: Robert Umbarger (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 11, 2013 04:32PM

Hi...new guy here...understand it's a good place for SXM answers. Does The Towers have in-room wi-fi? Thank you for your time on my behalf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wi-Fi @ The Towers
Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 11, 2013 06:39PM

Yes but not free. I think it was $12. per day or $60. for the week. Worked well enough for general use with the occasion outage. Don't know if that was The Towers or the provider but it was still good enough for me to do almost daily trip blogs over our two week stay there.

I don't know if and/or when you're planning on being there but right now they're experiencing a major problem with their airco and awaiting a crane to hoist the new system onto the roof. Right now it's a tad warm.....

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: Robert Umbarger (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 13, 2013 11:47AM

Thanks Pat. Called the Towers directly, not that I didn't believe you BUT I was somewhat "shocked". Claudine confirmed your answer. We own weeks 49 and 50 so I'm guessing the "airco" will be back on the roof by then. !!

Pat...FYI (and the moderators)...I am a relatively new guy to the forum...not 100% a new guy. It was I who used to go round and round with "Ed" maybe 5-6 or so years ago. YOu may remember me....Spike...the retired "aviator". If not, I remember you as the kind and supreme provider of everything SXM...and a fellow "pre-construction" buyer at the Tower_!! "Towers" was a neat concept back then yet clearly never came about...probably would of messed up our views anyway. Cheers.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 14, 2013 06:34AM

Thank you for those kind words, Bob.....

I do remember the old forum here and so many of the issues it had back then but it's evolved back into what I think it was always meant to be when Gert originally offered it to all of us.

This is a good place to ask a question and receive an answer without a lot of chit-chat and personalities usurping the threads. Don't get me wrong - there's room for that, too, but it's more about direct questions and answers than some travel sites seem to be and I think a lot of posters appreciate that.

Respectfully,

pat

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |