The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Open letter to Barbara Crime in St Martin
Posted by: roadrunner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 03, 2012 08:42PM

We have been visiting St Martin for the last 30 year and have loved. A few weeks ago I made a point about the increase if crime in St Martin in the TTOL Forum and the moderator banned my IP address from participating in any further discussion ever. As an open minded person don't you think that these things should be open to discussion and tourists should know how the island has changed so that they can take care of themselves and not fall into any traps? Your opinion will be appreciated.
A St Martin lover.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open letter to Barbara Crime in St Martin
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: December 04, 2012 06:30AM

Why this should be addressed here on Gobeach with an "impressive and eye catching tittle" directly to Barbara who is not a TTOL moderator banning anyone IP adress and certainly not responsible? I am confused but will let Barbara to respond to this.....

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 04, 2012 09:42AM

good morning
As Philippe said, I am not sure why I am being addressed on this.
I have nothing to do with any other board and have no comments on that.
In general my opinion about a discussion of crime is that we cannot not avoid the issue but neither should we indulge in hysteria and inflammatory posts about the issue, as so often happens on the internet.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: roadrunner (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2012 10:22AM

I agree with you. The only reason I contacted you is that in case someone brings up the issue of the increase of crime, where you can go and feel safe and not watch over your shoulder all the time, where you can park and not have your car broken into, you don't do the same thing and ban someone from the Forum.
Thanks

Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: December 07, 2012 12:49PM

RR...I feel your pain...

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |