The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

RENTAL CAR
Posted by: Marguerite (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 12, 2012 07:33PM

Hi Everyone. We usually go to SXM first week of December and end of May, but this year going 1st week of March as well. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out We also usually just rent a car when we get there, but wondering if it may be more difficult since it's high season. We're getting in on a Tues, so maybe it won't be too hard, but would appreciate suggestions and maybe suggestions on some rental places as well. Thanks as always, for your consideration.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RENTAL CAR
Posted by: ANON (12.9.88.---)
Date: February 15, 2012 10:22AM

Seems to me if you usually go twice a year and are going three times this year and you usually rent a car on these trips no matter where you get them you must of dealt with some companies over the years so why not email the guys you know and get prices from them so at least your dealing with a known company to you. First week of March? Does that fall in to Regatta week? Cars might be hard to get then. I would reserve ahead.

Posted by: dr doug (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2012 12:44PM

Marguerite,

If you haven't used Kenny's before, be sure to give him a chance. It is awful late and he's very popular and might be out of cars.

Lesley Bruce at Kennys Car Rental Company at bruce@sintmaarten.net

Dr Doug

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: February 15, 2012 01:52PM

definitely reserve ahead of time if you are coming during regatta week

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 16, 2012 07:05AM

Marguerite,

I have to agree with the previous posters - there are some times you really need to book ahead and I'm thinking regatta is probably one of them. Not to say you won't get there and find a car if you don't, but from who and at what price would be my concerns.

And Lesley Bruce - Kennys Car Rentals - is a great guy to do business with - with all types of corollas - white, white slightly dented and/or dinged, white, white and pristine (although I don't know why people want perfect cars on SXM...), white, white beaters ....and I say none of this disrespectfully becasuse he's the best in my book. My personal preference in a rental is a white carolla that comes pre-dinged since, that way, I don't have to worry about doing it myself!!

The thing about Lesley is that he's reasonably priced and in line with the other good agencies but his service to his customers really is THE BEST!! From his meet and greet at the airport upon arrival to the same on departure and you know, should you have any kind of problem, one call and he'll be there ASAP to take care of things.

But as stated already, he may be fully booked for Regatta and the only way to find out is send him an email - bruce@sintmaarten.net - if he's able to get you a car you can rest assured you're in good hands with him.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 08:00AM by pat.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |