The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Guy to Forum
Posted by: WOW (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: September 18, 2011 10:07AM

The important thing is you choose to rent a car while on the island!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Grover (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 18, 2011 02:26PM

Pat, t-share weeks 49 and 50, Dec 3 thru 17 this year and no I am not on the "towers board".

My plan is to give all the rental agencies, mentioned above, an opportunity to earn my business. I'll let you know who I chose, why, and how it went upon our return in mid December.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 18, 2011 03:48PM

Ah, we're weeks 16 and 17 and daughter's 17 and 18 and we each have weeks in November so we may find ourselves checking out as you're checking in as we're there week 48 right ahead of you.

As far as the car rentals go, like you've said, the smart thing is to get apples to apples quotes from all concerned and then go with your gut and don't look back.

And here's one more suggestion, isn't there also a fellow that rents through the Towers front desk to its guests? I'm thinking Winston and perhaps United Car Rentals. I don't know why this sounds familiar since we've never used him but I have seen him taking guests to the airports at the end of their stays. He seems like a really nice guy, too, but we've always liked getting our car at the airport and being done with it.

Check out the Towers timeshare site sometime when you or your social director has time to spare. It requires registration but that's not a bad thing as it seems to cut down on the spam. Of late, most people seem to be using it as a place to feel out rentals of their units and sometimes, as a place to test the waters for resales but you can even get the occasional up-date as to what's happening there, if anything.

Good luck with the car thing, whomever you use, and I wish you a great trip.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: schmitamaniac (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 20, 2011 05:59PM

I too recommend Lesley Bruce at Kenny's!
Excellent service and a truly nice guy!
Cheers
irina

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |