The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Sapphire beach club
Posted by: vic mauro (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 20, 2011 10:50AM

We are looking at the Sap hire Beach Club and seeing alot of negative comments. has the place improved any.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sapphire beach club
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 20, 2011 04:18PM

There is new manager there now and I have heard that things have improved.
I have no first hand knowledge though.
I do know the new manager is an experienced manager with a good reputation.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Samuel Carter (---.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 02, 2011 07:59PM

As a seasoned traveler that's stayed their many times and the spiral continues to be down,sorry to say. I stay there because they treat me well--it's secure----and the oceanside view is awesome.The property is dated not well maintained as compared to ,say,Royal Islander. I stayed there 6/19 thru 6/28. Eunice and Sharon and Hora are class people and they work very well with me which counts for something. The owner and his son and daughter live there and take the money and run.The Sapphire was a grand place at one time but has not been maintained.Some very basic problems: Pots and pans-- nothing matches----some missing utinsels--- missing & nothing matches---rooms rather warm---A C not maximized--sliding doors do not lock----refrig (my room) the auger was missing and not making ice---maint not responsive. the list goes on and on.I will most likely stay there again to extend my primary vacation week (s) and it is cheap the way I schedule. Hpoe this helps.....

Posted by: Samuel Carter (---.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 03, 2011 11:27AM

Addition to my first statement: If you have not stayed at Sapphire before and this is your "dream" vacation-- DON'T STAY THERE-you will be disappointed. Try the Royal Islander OR the Terrasse.

Posted by: sjacobs (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 26, 2011 01:28PM

I understand that Sapphire Beach Club is now under new management. We are timeshare owners but have been reluctant to return after our last visit 3 years ago.
Has anyone visited the property lately?
Also, we have read quite a bit about crime on the island in recent months.
I do not know if this is accurate or not. The local Island news does speak to this issue.
Please reply with any information updates regarding Sapphire Beach and crime in Saint Martin.
Thank you.

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 26, 2011 05:26PM

We stayed there 12/3-9 2011....they were painting the exterior; the pool has been replastered and repainted; new chaise lounges/umbrellas, A definite improvement since our 2010 visit but still needs updating, especially new appliances and AC in the units. We have a Villa and the AC in the rooms are in need of repair or replacing, the plunge pool was half full as it was last year but was taken care of quickly after our call to the front desk.
During our stay we were aware of our surroundings and didn't feel concern for our safety.... and yes there is crime in SXM but so is it everywhere in the world.

Posted by: sdjacs (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2012 10:23PM

Hi,
Has anyone recently stayed at the Sapphire Beach Club? I am interested in updates regarding the Sapphire Beach in regards to cleanliness of rooms, safety in area, etc.
Thanks.

Posted by: Zebulon (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: February 07, 2012 10:05AM

Just returned from a great weeklong stay at Sapphire. Room cleaned every day with fresh towels, bedding changed on Wed. Never have had any safety issues either in or around Sapphire. Great new bartender at the Cafe (Nadia) food was great with live entertainment three or four times during the week. Have a great trip.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |