The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 12 Metre Challenge
Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 23, 2010 04:18PM

Kimbere....skip the rocks....please! If you don't like it neat, then I'll shut up and let you drink it however you want to, but please try it just like it comes out of the bottle the first time.drinking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mauby
Posted by: _bruce (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: August 23, 2010 09:36PM

Dr Doug: I have been able to find a concentrate of Mauby at a small Carribean market here in Canada; maybe you can spot some if you look around your place a little. Mixes with water to make something similar to what I had a Pedros quite a few years ago. I believe the real thing is made from a bark extract similar to root beer, but is definatley an acquired taste. Needs to be cold. As for Ma Dou Dou, straight up and cold from the fridge is best for me. Guavaberry liquer same way as well.

Re: Mauby
Posted by: drdoug (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: August 24, 2010 08:55AM

Bruce,

Thanks for the tip. Next time I go to Boston I'll scout around. You're right about an acquired taste. Reminds me in a way to my first taste of Moxie when I moved to NE from the SW. Moxie was sold to me as a substitute for my beloved Dr Pepper. haha

Agree with the only way to sip Ma Dou Dou is straight from the bottle and since it is already flavored, no need to ruin it with a mix. I happen to like mine room temp, but to each his own. Please note Kimbere.

Here's a video of a SXM production of Mauby.

SXM Mauby and Alton Brown

Dr Doug

Re: 12 Metre Challenge
Posted by: _bruce (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: August 24, 2010 11:13PM

Note that I know nothing about the linked shop here, but this is the stuff I have seen. The stuff in the video looks way more interesting, however.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |