- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: When did this board start???
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: June 23, 2010 03:34PM

I came late to this board, but I thought that gobeach.com was created after stormcarib by Gert and his wife for the purpose of property management... I must be confused somehow!
Hey in fact , why don't we message Gert or his wife and ask? Of course noot all of us, but maybe Barbara, or Neil, or me?...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 23, 2010 03:38PM

no, Philippe the property management site was always there. he created the message board because of the hurricane.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: June 23, 2010 03:43PM

all right!!... That was my confusion then!

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 23, 2010 03:45PM

Inspector Clouseau? confused? confused smiley

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Neil Rooney (Moderator)
Date: June 23, 2010 05:01PM

Damn Pink Panther!

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Posted by: Ed (nine510) (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 23, 2010 10:39PM

It's funny to notice that, except for one moderator, I'm still in first place for "total posts" by a wide margin.

I can't remember if the stats of the "total posts" feature carried-forward when this board was upgraded in 2005, though.

When I first started posting here, Kipp n' Slip seemed to be answering the majority of questions.
That was probably around 2002 sometime.

Ed

Posted by: Mathieu (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: June 24, 2010 01:05AM

Ahh Ed, thats the name I was trying to remember of a poster from the fun days way back when.... Kipp n'Slipp. I always enjoyed his (Kipp's) posts. Wonder where they are now...

And a recently topped old post by another poster of yore made me think of you and chuckle ! I won't say ... which. winking smiley Gosh, those were entertaining days. Wonder where all these people are now.

There was also another couple that sometimes very occasionally posted here (but more often I think on another board) who used to hire limousines to jet set around the island and eat in all the best restaurants and write lengthy and detailed trip reports about every visit. Can't remember their names either, but she had long dark hair per the many pictures accompanying their reports. Also wonder where they are now and if they are still visiting the island.

I miss TJM's stories.

Date: June 24, 2010 01:47AM

Mathieu,that would be Ed and Sandra who provided those great trip reports and photos. They did have style, and I always found their approach to life quite interesting.

They may very well stil be posting on TTOL. Although, I had one of their photos (great one of Dawn Beach) linked in the sig box on the "d" in "Ed." and only just recently did the photo disappear; it may be due to a page rearrangement on their website, I don't know. Which reminds me, Ed and Sandra have a website and I'm pretty sure I have it "saved" in an "SXM file" somewhere. I'll post it and you may be able to get an update on their travel activities.

"TJM", Tom, lol, I was trying to remember those initials myself.

Ed

Date: June 24, 2010 02:07AM

Nope, I have the website saved, but clicking on it brings-up a "page not found" error message.

Ed

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 24, 2010 06:49AM

Ed and Mathieu,

Ed and Sandra still post on TTOL on occasion but due to a bout of illness and one thing and another - I think they call it life? - they've not been to the island in a few years hence the lack of SXM posts.

Most of their reports of late, entertaining and enlightening as always, have been about various special occasions at and trips to the Myrtle Beach area of SC, and as always, have been done with the typical EdandSandra style we came to know and appreciate from them.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Mathieu (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: June 24, 2010 09:30AM

Thank you both, Ed and Pat, for the updates. Yes, that was them - Ed and Sandra.
I too will look to see if I can find their website on the web - if its still around. As time rolls along and things change everywhere, their SXM reports could almost serve as a bit of a 'Vacation SXM' time capsule.

Cheers,

M.

Posted by: coco (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 24, 2010 09:50AM

I remember finding this board long before the other trying to get info about the Island after a major hurricane--never registered tho but have used it for years--was always a great source for good and unbiased information

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: June 24, 2010 11:01AM

Mathieu, try edandsandra.com for their homepage.

Annie

Date: June 25, 2010 05:35AM

Actually, it's edsandra.com, not ed "and" sandra.com

[www.edsandra.com]

Ed

Posted by: jaybee (---.chello.pl)
Date: June 25, 2010 04:20PM

Well, well Ed - so you are alive again.
I think I will have to peek into this forum more often to see if you cared to write.
I remember I enjoyed reading your harsh, sarcasting, funny comments in the past.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |