- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What makes this photo important...
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 09, 2010 04:46PM

Actually alot of it is preserved in a book type of form but I will need to find out if it was actually published or if it is just on this one website. Maybe Barbara knows.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: photofun (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2010 05:32PM

I have enjoyed reading and looking at the photos that have been posted for the last week or two! This is so much fun, I love seeing the old buildings, the market, the water front and now the first car on the island is grand. Thanks to all of you who have been doing this and KEEP IT GOING!!!!

This is the best group of people around!

Lynne

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 09, 2010 06:36PM

Well, good and bad news...the good news is that there was a paperback published at some time in the past but the bad news is that when I googled it, it stated that the book was out of publication with limited books available.

After I do one more teaser, I will reveal the name of the book and the website and if anyone is so inclined, they could check their library or any surrounding ones to see if they have the book in their inventory. In the meantime, one can always go to the website and read the book and look at all the amazing photos.

And so before I reveal the name and location, I think we will give people a shot at jimandi's puzzling one.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: jimandi (---.pbtcomm.net)
Date: June 09, 2010 06:52PM

While we are on the subject of books. I have a book that I have loved for years titled: Netherland Windward Islands By S. J. Kruythoff. Since we have started this journey in time it is the first time I have done research on the author. I was amazed today to learn he was born on St. Maarten in 1893. I have attached the web page since it may be family or friends of Barbara. [www.sabatourism.com]

I have also emailed the library on St. Maarten to see if they have this book and if they do not, I will donate. The bad side of me hopes that they do so I can keep it.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 09, 2010 07:05PM

How very nice of you to offer this. I'm sure that there are many residents of the island that would love to read it!

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 09, 2010 07:45PM

I think most people on the island know the book. it usedto be in all the local book stores but I have not seen it for awhile.
it is a great book giving a lot of island history.
I think you can buy the book on Amazon..used editions only I guess

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |