The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

? is this an unusually rainy spring
Posted by: Sharyn (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 17, 2010 08:41PM

We are headed back to the island on 4/24. All of the on line weather info sites indicate that it will be raining & overcast everyday & it has been this way for the past 2 months everytime I check. I don't remember them all predicting this much rain & overcast skies before we went there the past 2 years. Has anyone been there recently? Are they having a regular weather pattern OR has it been overcast & raining every single day this season?? Any info would be appreciated to ease my fears of a wash out!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ? is this an unusually rainy spring
Posted by: Elaine (190.102.9.---)
Date: April 17, 2010 08:49PM

It's only been raining and overcast for three days,not two months. Weather sites are worthless.

Date: April 17, 2010 09:41PM

That is what I was hoping to hear. During our trip there last year, there was only a brief shower once or twice during the week. It rained late a night a couple of times but we awoke each day to sunshine. I hope that this repeats itself. I'll stop obsessing about it now-LOL. Thank you for your time.

Posted by: Teresa (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: April 19, 2010 10:19AM

We were on the island March 20th - April 3rd and we had fabulous weather. I was also checking weather sites and I found many of them had different info for the same day. On the days where it looked like a total wash out on the weather site the day actually turned out to be sunny with just a few clouds. Sometimes there were passing showers but nothing really significant except for the last Friday when a big storm blew in from the ocean. Wow - that was something to watch -we even shot some video of it. But overall, I agree with Elaine. Weather sites can't seem to get it right.

Date: April 20, 2010 02:44PM

Teresa, thanks for taking the time to reply. I feel even better now seeing what you had to say in addition to Elaine. I am very excited to be going back now. Thanks again. Sharyn

Posted by: jkaye (---.ip.mcleodusa.net)
Date: April 21, 2010 04:29PM

We were on the island Apr. 4th thru Apr. 19th. Came home with a great tan. Week two had lots of wind and high clouds some days But it gives you a break from total sun and a little shopping gilt free !!! Enjoy your stay....

Posted by: coco (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 23, 2010 02:45PM

Got back last night after arriving on the 10th--10-14 has flash flood warnings-tho the 12th was the only day that was almost a total rainout--billy folly road was flooded and they were actually pumping water from under the atrium. Clouds in and out the first week but was nice since the 14th. Since Tuesday weather has been perfect.

Posted by: _bruce (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: April 23, 2010 08:54PM

... and even then the rain is not the same everywhere around the island. We spent abut 30 or 40 minutes under the roof during heavier rain at Raymonds on Rouge Beach 12 April,but the suncame out a little later. There was standing water by the Atrium when we went back that way around supper time.

Posted by: coco (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 25, 2010 04:31PM

we hit some pothole that day because it was filled with water--next day they finally covered it with pieces of metal--still not fixed when I left the 22nd-have to say it was the strangest April weather I have seen in 25 years

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: April 26, 2010 01:49PM

Very weird weather, was on island 4/12 -4/24, rain what rain, it did rain hard on 4/24. Many overcast days, but maybe a sprinkle here or there. Spent most of the time in the Mullet area, a few days at Friars and Loterie Farm, went go cart racing, nothing to speak of regarding rain until 4/24.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |