The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

$1,000 Cash Damage Deposit for Blue Beach Villa? Really?
Posted by: Lea (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: December 26, 2009 05:27PM

Hello fellow SXM fans,
I am wondering if anyone has had experience with the managers/owners of the new Blue Beach Villa in Grand Case. They have asked for a $870 check to reserve the villa, and a $1,000 Deposit, in cash or check (NOT visa), as a damage deposit, about which they say "you give me a check when you will arrive and if nothing is broken, I will give back the check upon departure."

1. This seems like an awful lot of money to hand over to a total stranger on the promise they will return it;
2. In the half dozen times we have rented villas in SXM and Anguilla, no one has ever asked for a deposit, much less that much;

So, I am wondering if any of you are familiar with the owners/managers and if they are trustworthy. Although the villa is cute and well priced (NOT considering the damage deposit), this seems like a deal breaker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: $1,000 Cash Damage Deposit for Blue Beach Villa? Really?
Posted by: db (---.si.res.rr.com)
Date: December 27, 2009 03:22PM

If you don't feel comfortable doing it trust your instincts and don't do it. Why ask a bunch of strangers. Use common sense. It is your money on the line not theirs. It's that simple.

Re: $1,000 Cash Damage Deposit for Blue Beach Villa? Really?
Posted by: pasnyder (---.mia.fl.atlanticbb.net)
Date: December 29, 2009 05:59PM

I don't think Lea was asking a bunch of strangers. I think she/he was hoping that someone at gobeach may be familiar with the Blue Beach Villa and may have dealt with them in the past. That's why we ask questions on this forum!!!!!eye rolling smiley

Pauline

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |