- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
sadnews: BobP
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 13, 2009 07:40AM

I just received an email from Bob's wife Maggie that Bob has died.
Bob was one of our regular posters here.

His wife told me this:
"Bob passed away Thursday 12/10/2009. He discovered that he had bile duct cancer this past August. He had 2 complete Chemo treatments, and was schedule for 2 more. We had made reservations for Thanksgiving late September. Although he did well with the Chemo, the pain from the tumor that moved to his liver was causing terrible pain. November 1 through the 12th he had radiation treatment to shrink the tumor to give him more room for comfort. After that treatment he was in more pain. He went into the hospital the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for pain control, and returned home last Friday only to go into Hospic on Monday and passed on Thursday. As you know Bob loved the island and was so sad that he didn't have a chance to go one last time. We were also scheduled to go for 3 weeks this coming February. At this time, I am not sure if I will be coming.......
Barbara please post on line for me of Bob's passing. Thanking you in advance. Maggie Pearlman

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 07:46AM by Barbara1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sadnews: BobP
Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 07:55AM

Barbara, I am so sorry to hear of Bob's passing. My condolences to Maggie.

Annie

Date: December 13, 2009 08:00AM

I was shocked annie
but Pat had told me she heard he was sick.
and he is usually here the same time Pat is here so we thought something might be wrong.

That's so sad.. why does this stuff always happen right before the holidays?

Posted by: dbeauch6xx (---.holyokepd.org)
Date: December 13, 2009 08:44AM

Sorry about Bob.

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 08:54AM

Barbara, I had been wondering why Bob had not been posting about the DAYS for sometime. I know what you mean about things happening around the holidays. If you have Maggie's address would you PM it to me so I could send a card?

Annie

Posted by: Elaine (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 08:59AM

Annie - I think I have his business card back in SXM. If B doesn't have it, let me know and I'll get it to you in a couple of weeks.

Last I spoke with Bob he was expecting to undergo surgery, but was hopeful for a Thanksgiving trip. This is such a sad thing. My heart goes out to Maggie.

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 09:52AM

So sad. Never met Bob,but we may have been at the Little Bay Beach Hotel at the same time back in the day.

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.225.103.97.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2009 10:25AM

Hello,

Sorry to hear this sad news. Bob's posts not only revealed his deep love for the Island but a wealth of knowledge garnered from his interests and many trips.

Our condolences to Maggie and the family.

Denis & Michele McBriarty

Posted by: dbeauch6xx (---.holyokepd.org)
Date: December 13, 2009 12:58PM

We're so sorry to hear about Bob.

Our condolences to Bob's family.

Dave and Patty

Posted by: Dane (200.7.50.---)
Date: December 13, 2009 10:26PM

So sorry to hear about Bob. Something tells me his piece of heaven looks a little like Anse Marcel.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2009 07:55AM

Dane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So sorry to hear about Bob. Something tells me his
> piece of heaven looks a little like Anse Marcel.

With Claud's Mini-Club on the side!

He will be missed...

Date: December 14, 2009 08:41AM

keep those tributes coming. They mean a lot to Maggie.
She sent me this email:

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for posting the news and attaching the link. As I read all of the TTOL replies, it made me feel so warmed that Bob was thought of and that his posts will be missed. It brought a smile to my face as I remember him reading the post to me. We spent many hours here at the computer discussing posts, learning from others trip reports, and some of the personal messages we received. At times I thought Bob was being argumentative, but most times he was educating people of how he remember the olden days and how he enjoyed his ribs from Zackery's. Bob truly had a love for the island and especially his beginning years spent on the island. I certainly enjoyed meeting the many new faces and looked forward to seeing everyone again. Bob did make some very nice friends through the posts. I'll share this with his daughter, Lisa, so she will also know that her father was blessed with knowing so many caring and thoughtful people. As a child she also spent those vacations with her father and shared those memories. I am sure she will be pleased. If you would be so kind, please thank every one for me & if you could also pass on to Elaine, Bob's email address. I know that we PM'd in the past but I am unsure of her email address. Thank you again it was wonderful reading the responses. My heart was filled with wonderful memories that I will always have. Those replies lifted my spirits. Maggie

Posted by: photofun (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2009 11:02AM

Such sad news...I never met him but followed his posts regularly and learned to love Anse Marcel because of him...I learned a lot from his posts on all things St. Martin...he will be missed and our thoughts and prayers to his wife Maggie!
Thanks for posting this news....
Lynne and Dan

Date: December 14, 2009 11:59AM

Dane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So sorry to hear about Bob. Something tells me his
> piece of heaven looks a little like Anse Marcel.

Dane, that is beautiful. I know you are right smiling smiley

Posted by: jimandi (---.pbtcomm.net)
Date: December 14, 2009 03:45PM

I knew him only by his posts about his years of visiting St. Maarten. There was a diginity about him in always stating the straight forward truth and his love of the Island always came through in his posting.

Rest in Peace Bob. I know you are enjoying a white sand beach and clear blue waters.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |