The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

BareFoot and Mary Boon
Posted by: John Leonard (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 25, 2009 09:18AM

Coming to St Marteen in April 2010..

Any information on BareFoot and/or Mary Boon would be appreciated.

Were are retired and can't walk to far due to knee surgery.

Will have a rental car and plan to travel around.

We will stay a lot on the beach(s) and looking to be able to step out onto the beach without climbing a lot of stairs (knees bad)

Or are there better places to be looking at?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BareFoot and Mary Boon
Posted by: ANON (---.muf122.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: November 25, 2009 09:24AM

yOU MIGHT try the remodelled Radison Hotel which is on one of the easiest beaches on the island for getting in and out of the water or the Holland House hotel for the same reasons. There both in protected bays so you dont get those drop offs or roghue waves and you can bob around all day in the warm water.

Date: November 25, 2009 10:38AM

Hoping to get some info on the both locations

Anyone been there?

thx

Posted by: LBI2SXM (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2009 10:43AM

We have stayed at Marys Boon in the past. Our last visit we were not too happy. Big change since the new owner took over a few years ago. Not the same charming place that it once was. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor.com. I also have a knee problem and find that the Flamingo suits my needs. There are elevators, easy access to the pool, the bigger beach has a slight drop-off but manageable if the weather is okay. We spend a lot of time on La Gallion (kids beach) very calm, easy to get onto. Check out Beachside Villas on the opposite end of Marys Boon. Water a little calmer there on good weather days. Many people very happy with their stay there. Good luck!

Posted by: fabila (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 25, 2009 12:03PM

Have stayed at Mary's Boon six times but the last time was 2 years ago with new owner and aside from higher price didn't notice many changes. Resort is still quaint in our opinion and a great location to the beach with onsite dining and a small pool. If you have knee problems keep in mind that walking from your car to room could be a little difficult as the path leading from the car to main entrance: dining room and bar is cobblestone. I had some problems walking on it with high heels so be careful. Also, unless you get one of the deluxe oceanview rooms; 116, 115, 114, 110 & 109 (or some garden view) then there are steps you have to walk up to the room and down to the beach. There are only a few but they are there along with a few more leading to and from the dining room/bar.

Beachside Villa's is our new place to stay. Been there twice with another visit next year. The units are lovely and private, hosts are wonderful but there too you have several steps you need to walk down to get to the beach.

Posted by: ANON (---.muf122.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: November 25, 2009 01:00PM

Your right about the cobblestones being hard to walk on and lots of steps even down to the beach. But last time I stayed there as calm as the water itself was it was a steep walk down into the water and my knees without surgery had problems with it. All beaches can change daily so what once was probly still isn't but I would have a hard time there if it was the same as then. Great Bay beach and the beach at the radison are so protected there always calm. Haven't stayed at the Radison so I cant comment on stairs v elevaters.

Date: November 25, 2009 02:54PM

What about BareFoot?

Is that ranked higher tha Mary boon?

Any problems or concerns there?

thx

Posted by: IngridG (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 27, 2009 08:02PM

So is there noise from the air traffic Mary boon's?
We're condo hunting, saw it across the runway at the airport and questioned the noise but really loved the pix of the rooms on their website...and the price.

Date: November 28, 2009 04:31PM

Hope this helps?

Date: November 28, 2009 04:33PM

no, the planes are not anything like Maho, or Maho Bay and the planes do not fly over head...they fly up over the mountain...they are not allowed over beach....

People who offer properties not on Simpson Bay Beach like to make up wild stories...but, sooner or later they come to the beach, and then they don't leave....

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |