The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

St. Louis Car Rental -- Marius -- Where r u????
Posted by: Bobbie (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 21, 2009 10:14PM

Hi-- I have been trying to reach Marius at St. Louis Car Rental for about 2 weeks now. My e-mails have been sent to 3 different e-mail addresses including 2 new ones that people have given me, and yet I still can't reach Marius. Does anyone here know if he is ok? Is there a different e-mail address for him other than the poweranitlles, hotmail or yahoo ones? Does he have a phone number??

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2009 10:14PM by Bobbie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St. Louis Car Rental -- Marius -- Where r u????
Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 22, 2009 07:48AM

Bobbie,

I've posted these addresses before for Marius and people have always come back and said they worked so, even though they sound like the ones you're using I'm going to post them again:

Stlouiscarrental@yahoo.com

and/or

Stlouiscarrental@hotmail.com

Who knows? Perhaps the island internet's been down or perhaps, in geering up for the high season, he's taking a little vacation before the season begins in earnest. Good luck either way.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: Elaine (200.7.55.---)
Date: November 22, 2009 07:59AM

Have you checked your spam filters?

Date: November 22, 2009 03:27PM

Thanks Pat. Those are the addresses that I used. I sent 2 e-mails out twice to those on different dates, plus to the poweranitlles address which came back to me.

And re: spam, yes I have checked my spam folder numerous times, but I've been wondering if my e-mails aren't somehow going into HIS spam folder. I guess I will just go with another company we have used many times in the past.

Anyway, thanks for the responses. Take care, Bobbie

Posted by: ginarowe (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 23, 2009 08:37AM

We had the same problem, as did many others, before our last trip there a couple of weeks ago. His web site is still down, we did speak to him about getting it back up, but he is still in business, and as wonderful as ever. He is located next to the RBTT bank in Simpson Bay. When we had trouble finding him, the info we received here from Pat was correct. Either the yahoo or hot mail address will get to him. Don't give up on him, he is there, and probably he or Arlene will be at the airport. I just pulled out our last invoice from him and his exact address is: 27 Simpson Bay Blvd, and if you want to try to call when you arrive the number on the Dutch side is: 523-8971 Hope this helps

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 23, 2009 08:40AM

Posted by: Ray (---.177.215.171.ded.snet.net)
Date: November 25, 2009 11:42AM

We have been using Marius for years. Had the same contact problems for our upcoming trip on 3 December. According to Michael from Unity, he is not sure that Marius is either on the island or in the car business any longer. We are using Unity this trip as a result.

Date: November 26, 2009 03:29PM

Thanks all. I was never able to reach Marius. Coincidentally, we just booked with Michael as well, whom we have used many times in the past. Barbara, I also called Alain at AAA, but he was slightly higher than Michael, and I already have a relationship with Michael. But thanks everyone for your help with this. Looking forward to our upcoming trip next month. Bobbie

Posted by: Jack Salbinski (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2009 03:20PM

Marius,

Would like a rental car for our Feb 2010 How could we reach you or could you give us a call @ 860-526-2569 or by email, forjackrabbit@aol.com

Thanks,
Jack & Bunny Salbinski
Chester, CT

Posted by: SXMSharon (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: December 02, 2009 06:40PM

I just spoke with Marius three days ago & contrary to other rental companies saying he is not in business & may not even be on the island that is just not accurate. He is still renting cars & now has a location right in Simpson Bay as previously reported. He told me the two addresses listed above are correct so Jack just send him an e-mail & I am sure he will get back to you.

Regards,
Sharon

Posted by: John Mahler (---.jax.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 28, 2009 08:40PM

We spend every May, all of May, in SXM. We have paid from 14.00 to 16.00 a day from others. Marius wants 19.70. Anyone know of a good place away from the airport as they charged us a 25 or $50.00 fee last year for using an Avis at PJIA.
Thank You and Happy New Year to fellow SXM lovers.
REGARDS,
JOHN

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |