The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

My four legged friends on St. Maarten
Posted by: ginarowe (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 19, 2009 02:51PM

We once again had a wonderful time in Maho, spent 2 weeks at Royal Islander and have now been home for 1 1/2 weeks, Jeez how I wish I was still there. Anyway, Everyday for 2 weeks, as we drove around, I fed every dog I came across. Especially the group of 3 that hang out in front of the Airport. We actually named them and they got fed whatever we had for dinner. Steak, Ckn, Pork, and of course the potato's and bread. I would have loved to have brought them home to join our 2. I just wanted to share that the population of dogs and cats really seem to have dropped, it appears as if the efforts of the Humane Society and Vets on the Island to spay and neuter these poor critters is paying off. We were also tossing out Dog treats, and Milk Bones to all that we saw. If anyone happens to be by the airport and sees my 3 furry friends, tell them Mama Gina misses them and will be back in May. cool smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My four legged friends on St. Maarten
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 19, 2009 05:54PM

good for you. That's so nice you helped to take care of our homeless animals
thanks!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2009 08:13AM by Barbara1.

Posted by: jimandi (---.pbtcomm.net)
Date: November 19, 2009 07:43PM

ginarowe, you are a gentle soul. I thank you for caring.

Posted by: Kathy (---.dhcp.wnch.wa.charter.com)
Date: November 20, 2009 10:38PM

You are an animal lover like we are. When we were there 2 years ago, we did the same with our leftover's. We bought dog food to feed them and there is nothing greater than the love in their eyes when they are treated with love & kindness. God bless you.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: November 21, 2009 08:22AM

Thanks for doing that. Every little help is welcome... I wish everybody on this island was taking one minut a day to do the same, it would definitly help our furry friends

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Karen (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 27, 2009 09:41PM

I thought we were the only ones who did that. We forgot our leftovers one night and we had made a friend in the parking lot next to Pinapple Petes. We actually went to McDonalds to get her a burger. We pick up milkbones and treats on our first day there and always stop to hand some out.

Posted by: .Bruce (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2009 07:28PM

thats a great thing to do Gina , alot of fun and its a good to let these animals know someone cares about them .. ever think of bringing one home with you and give it a good home . we recently adopted two puppies from the island and seeing these dogs enjoy their new lives gives us endless joy ...

Posted by: Kathy (---.dhcp.wnch.wa.charter.com)
Date: November 29, 2009 11:45PM

We are returning next October and am wondering how many we can bring home, or how many my husband will let me. I made him a deal its either going to be dogs or diamonds.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |