Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Restaurant soon in Maho?
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2009 10:11AM

Enzo's restaurant Granduca opened last night

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SXMSharon (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 12:04PM

Hey Barbara,

Were you there for the opening? I have been watching the papers for an announcement but either it wasn't there or I overlooked it. I really wanted to go for his opening but if you don't know when it is then you can't go.

Do you have a phone number for the restaurant? I would like to call & make a reservation for one night this week.

Thanks for the update because Enzo never let us know.....

All the best,
Sharon

Date: December 05, 2009 02:26PM

I wasn't there for the opening. it was a soft opening. he is not having a grand opening at this point i don't think.
I only know cuz I emailed him and he told me.
I'll email him again and ask him to post some info here.

Posted by: enzolarosa (200.7.43.---)
Date: December 06, 2009 09:13AM

Sharon, I apologize I have been so busy getting to the opening that i did not have one minute to get on the internet. Yes we have pasta e fagioli, and Bob yes we do have the Ossobuco made with my grandfather(he was butcher) recipe.

Janice, yes Russell Philips is with me, we are working together, now our working relationship goes back 'only' 23 years.......

My mobile is 5262590, restaurant is 5452800, no web site yet, but soon.

Wine bar is not open yet,but it should be in 2 weeks.

thank you very very much for all your encouraging words and support.

Date: December 06, 2009 10:35AM

Enzo, the best of luck with the new place.
You know we will be over to very soon to taste everything. My husband's mouth is watering already with the thought of that osso bucco!

Posted by: sanfilip (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 02:56PM

Enzo, Welcome back and good Luck, hope to see you in March.

Mike & Rose

Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2009 09:05PM

Enzo,

I can't wait, pasta e fagioli, and your Ossobuco were always two of my favorites. About 90 days to go. Good luck with your new endeavor.

Posted by: SXMSharon (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 10:07PM

Well I got to Granduca on Friday night & it was very good. The restaurant decor is absolutely beautiful being very trendy & upscale with not a lot of stuff around. Enzo looked good but very tired since he is pretty much doing it all himself whereas with LaRosa it was his father, his mother & himself.

The menu is really nice & varied with about 12 to 15 pasta dishes,10 or 12 meat dishes & maybe 6 or 7 fish dishes. My only complaint with the menu is that I do not eat any of the desserts he had but he has his own special orange tiramisu(sp) recipe on the menu. Price wise I would say that it is in the $100.00 per couple with apps, entree & dessert but no drinks.

The kitchen still has a little to go since some of the food was a little salty for me but then I don't use any salt at all. My pasta e fagioli had it's usual great flavor but the pasta was a little too thick & the soup not quite thick enough. Fortunately Enzo knows how much I love his pasta e fagioli & how much I have eaten of it over the years so he took what I told him right back into the kitchen & Russell said he will make sure it is exact by next Saturday when I attend a X-mas party there.

Mike & I wish Enzo & his whole staff much success & they will see us quite often.

Sharon

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |