The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

st. maarten buccaneer bar
Posted by: Bahraine (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 10, 2009 04:09PM

Who is the nasty guy at Buccaneer bar? I have been here since Sat and have been a customer of the bar as well as an owner at the Atrium. Today this nasty man reamed me out and told me that i had to pay for the umbrella, although the web site and the nice bar maid and grill guy gave say the umbrellas are free for customers. I have tipped the man who put the umbrella up the previous day, only to get this nasty guy today. I sure do not mind paying, but do not want to do business with him!! Me thinks he needs a vacation too! He acted as if he was the owner of the bar, hope not. Took my lunch and colada business elsewhere today and will do so for the remainder of the vacation!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: st. maarten buccaneer bar
Posted by: Neil Rooney (Moderator)
Date: November 11, 2009 08:32AM

Get his name and complain to the Atrium Manager

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Posted by: Norbert (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: November 11, 2009 11:28AM

Are you sure the guy works at Buccaneer and is not a random scam artist?

Date: November 11, 2009 04:35PM

Hi Norbert:
I am sure, he had a buccaneer shirt on and I was referred to him by the cook at the grill. He was in the shed area by the restrooms, reading the paper. He did not come out when the cook called him, just continued to read his paper. I waited and then went over to him and asked him abut the umbrella. Guess he did not like being disturbed. He was definitely with the buccaneer. I saw him later gathering the chairs, talking on his cell. I did not get his name, too nasty to talk to. The previous day I dealt with a really nice buccaneer employee named Troy. He was so very helpful, but this guy is an arrogant nasty man, not good for business.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: November 12, 2009 06:37AM

I am sure the best way to find out who he is , is to ask directly to the staff of the bar itself... or to the people directly involved with the atrium or bucaneer (I am sure there are plenty around...) instead of asking here on an internet forum to people who are thousands of miles away and may not know the guy or may confuse him with someone else... except of course if there is a definite intention to let know the world that "this guy at bucaneer" is nasty and not good for business. I am convinced that the manager or the owner will be much more interested in the first place to know the situation (and will be able to "fix"...) versus the readers of this board.eye rolling smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: ANON (---.muf122.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 09:13AM

bAHRAINE
the suggestion about letting the Bar and the Atrium know about the guy is good but its good to let us know to so if we encounter this guy we dont take his word as law. And if we do we know to go to managers in both places and complain so thanks for the warning.

Date: November 12, 2009 10:10PM

You are most welcome, Anon. I did inform the Atrium about the incicdent, for obvious reasons, I stayed away from the Bar.

As to Phippe's comments, I would have gone to ""Trip Advisor if my intent was to tell the whole world. I think there are many people who read this board who are here n St. Maarten and not a thousand miles away. I have received some private messages that would support that.

Thank you or your post. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful island.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 13, 2009 07:36AM

There are 2 sides to every story and I believe that Tabba Khady did not mean to sound demeaning at all. There is sometimes a translation issue when someone reads something and bases their answer on the literal reading. I believe that Tabba Khady was under the impression that you were actually asking us who this person was rather than report your experience to us, which we appreciate.

Nowadays, it is common for someone to ask:

Who is this person?
or
Who IS this person?????

and have it mean 2 different things. Unless you are standing in front of that person to hear the inflection, you would have no idea which if the following was meant.

1) Actually asking for the name of this person, or
2) "Who does this person think he is?????"

I believe that the original poster meant #2 and was not really asking us for the name. Hope this helps.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: RicknGrace (---.29.28.72.cpe.echoes.net)
Date: November 14, 2009 10:12AM

Hello Neil Rooney. Grace and I hope all is well!!

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |