The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Aloha today
Posted by: Keala (190.102.2.---)
Date: October 24, 2009 05:21PM

I posted this earlier on another board and the thread was locked - astonishing for me as I rarely post :

"We just got back from another wonderful meal at Aloha on Orient. (We are residents on the island & I cannot find my log-in on this site). However, I was absolutely astounded to see Andy from Baywatch do a walk through the restaurant to tell the clients when his restaurant is reopening. He did not stop to eat or have a drink - my jaw hit the ground. I'm sure other patrons will back what I'm saying. "

The final comment before the thread was locked was "Please they are all friends and all work together on Orient ...give it a rest"

I'm really curious to find whether people agree with the last comment. Am I completely off base?

Keala

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aloha today
Posted by: Keala (190.102.2.---)
Date: October 24, 2009 05:57PM

The other board opened a new thread with the following explanation from Andy, which I find acceptable - in this case I was off base. :

"Thank you for sending those"comments" from ttol to me.
I guess some people don't have anything better to do than to put other people down.
I have known Natalie for quite a long time and we are friends. Have been
Eating there at least once a week since we have been closed.
Actually, stopped by today just to say hello to Ray and his wife from LeString
Cause I saw his car parked outside. I didn't stop to have a drink or to eat because I was very dirty from working all day. One of the patrons in there asked me when I was opening and so I answered.
I have been in business in St. Martin for 30 years and I try to send business to other places, not take away!
It's amazing how people won't say something to someones' face and even hide behind "Unregistered". I wish these people had said something to me and it would have been all clarified.
Andy "

Posted by: doug (---.141.5.198.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: October 24, 2009 10:57PM

and i quote andy ,i didnt stop to eat or drinks as i was very dirty from working all day. i find this true when i see him cooking and sweat pouring off his face. the food is good but this turns people off. sorry but true

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2009 09:26AM

I think this topic is done. Thanks to keala for correcting the mistake and being honest enough to post Andy's response.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2009 09:40AM by Barbara1.

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |