The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Can anyone on the Island give us info??
Posted by: ginarowe (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 02, 2009 02:24PM

We have been using St Louis car rental twice a year for many years, however we have not been able to make a reservation with them for our next trip which is in a couple of weeks, does anyone know if perhaps they went out of business?? Also we have reserved a car for the first time with "thrifty" does anyone know reliable they are? Thanks for any info!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can anyone on the Island give us info??
Posted by: mikentara (---.152.54.54.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: October 02, 2009 04:49PM

Check your spam folder?
Sometimes they don't reply, but the car is waiting for you when you arrive.
It might be better to just call them direct at this point. Otherwise, there may be 2 rental people waiting for you at the airport.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 02, 2009 05:38PM

gina,

I think I read somewhere they may have relocated to the Dutch side of the island and it's possible the e-mail you're using may not be accurate anymore.

I have two written down that you could at least try:

Stlouiscarrental@yahoo.com

or

Stlouiscarrental@hotmail.com

We've been using Kennys (Lesley Bruce) for perhaps 8-10 years now, but if he couldn't help us for any reason, I'd definitely hang in there for Marius. He is and has always been one of the real good guys and I'm betting the previous poster is correct. I'd try these two emails and if neither work, I'd call direct.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Date: October 03, 2009 11:40AM

Thank you, we will try the mentioned email addresses, we would hate to not see Marius after all this time!!

Posted by: sanfilip (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 03, 2009 12:58PM

Gina, I have been using 'Thrifty' for about the past 5 years or so (out of Divi), no problems to speak of.

Date: October 03, 2009 05:10PM

Thank you so much for the email addresses, IT WORKED!! We were finally able to locate and hear back from Marius, it was so frustrating not to be able to reach him, either thru email or by phone. Can't wait to be back on the Island, and get Marius to update his info LOL smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 03, 2009 06:40PM

gina,

I'm glad you were able to contact him. Which address worked for you - there are probably others who would also like to be able to reach him and may have the same older information.

Respectfully,

pat

Date: October 05, 2009 09:32AM

Pat,
We were finally able to reach him thru the yahoo address you provided, and when he answered us, he informed us that he can be reached thru, Stlouiscarrental@yahoo.com or Stlouiscarrental@hotmail.com Hope this helps anyone else that would like to reach him. Also, he is on the Dutch side, which we knew from our last trip there this past May, so if anyone is looking for him, he is next to the RBTT Bank, in Simpson Bay.

Thanks again Gina

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |