gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: today, 5th of September....
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2009 01:59PM

And ....: "teaching Europeans how to flush a toilet putting water in the tank"
That's like "burning bodies".... OtherhalfAs, You really think we are a bunch of primitive retarded people living down here don't you?????? ROFLMAO (or almost...)eye rolling smileyconfused smileyangry smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2009 02:36PM

Philippe
we all know you French people have "funny" toilets! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: SXMWendell (75.11.152.---)
Date: September 12, 2009 05:13PM

Barbara it is sad you have to defend yourself for having to go through such tragic times. I have just missed 3 hurricanes on several Caribbean islands and there was no comparison going thru Bertha in SXM. I can't even imagine living the long term in the aftermath. I seen the blue tarps for almost 2 years after Luis on island. And helped thru service clubs for them helping the good citizens of SXM when I could.

Wendell

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2009 05:36PM

Yeah ... we were used to call them "turkish toilet" LOL.... But the French weren't singled out... All Europeans were included, and I guess Dutch as well! grinning smiley Kinda derogative or ignorant (actually both...) IMO, but hey... we need every type of people to make the world, don't we?

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 12, 2009 05:43PM

thanks Wendell
your comment is appreciated.
yea, the blue tarps were around a long time.

Posted by: jaybee (---.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl)
Date: September 12, 2009 05:45PM

This flushing toilets issue...
What is it all about?
You just press the buttomm & the toilet is flushed...
What is it to teach about?
Maybe it is about the tank on the roof beeing empty? We do not have tanks on roofs in Europe.

Date: September 12, 2009 08:10PM

annie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Other Half...modeled new clothes...for shame on
> you saying something like that. You did go home
> didn't you? You did not stay to clean up, did
> you? But you brought new clothes home to
> model..for shame on you.
>
> Annie

Annie, can you imagine?
. If she had any real sensitivity for the people on this island she could have donated those clothes to people who lost everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 08:11PM by Barbara1.

Posted by: OtherHalfA (12.16.111.---)
Date: September 12, 2009 08:57PM

1. We were not allowed to same on the island to help. We did not own proerty or were a resident.

2. We gave everything we could in the aftermath - from sunblock for the military and candy from our K-Rations to children left behind, food to parents feeding children.

3. We returned to the island and dropped big tourist bucks with confidence in her people (then) and did so twice a year for 10 years there after.

4. We contibuted big bucks to St. Martin Pride to clean up the island.

5. A toilet does not flush (in any country I know of) without water. The kids from Germany we were held up with did not know what to do unless they were shown. They had never had the experience.

And Babs, thanks for saving me the effort on facebooks.

Date: September 12, 2009 09:25PM

Jane
I am truly sorry that the discussion from TTOL continued over here. we try to keep goebeach free of that, but since you posted the same thing here I had to respond.
My anger at you is, first of all, that you went off on me on TTOL for no reason and told me not to minimize Luis. you told me IN CAPS that you were there, i was not.
Even Caorl told you to cut me a break.
I was there afterward and you were not. it was my island home that was destroyed, not yours. it was my friends and family who lost their house and everything they owned.
so no one can tell me they were there and I was not, and that it makes a difference.

I took offense at that. I do not take Luis lightly and no one better accuse me of that.
you also told me that I was maintaining the party line as what was fed to me by a relative.
I took offense at that too. you don't know my relative. you don't know how he worked for months, day and night, to try to bring this island back to some sense of normalcy.
there were no party lines espoused by anyone. . this island pulled together as one to heal ourselves.
I lived though months and months of hell and I do not appreciate anyone telling me that I minimized it.
You also were posting gross inaccuracies. I do not take that lightly either.
I don't like to have arguments with people on line but I will not allows statements that are not accurate to stand.
the stuff you were talking about..the smell of burning bodies..etc..pulling up 5 bodies per hour....simply is not true.

I am extremely sensitive about the issue of Luis and I challenge anyone to question my experiences. it was simply hell for all of us.
Thanks for what you did do for the island . I do not question that.
Barbara

Posted by: OtherHalfA (12.16.111.---)
Date: September 12, 2009 10:32PM

Barbara,

Please address the inaccurate statement that no deaths were reported by your relative.

It is a matter of public record (many sources and links can be provided) that, on record, 9 people lost their lives due to Luis on St. Martin. To even think that something as horrific as Luis would not have human fatalities is silly.

I just wish the archives of messages and reports on this board went back to '95

Date: September 12, 2009 11:20PM

that's the french side. I was talking about the Dutch side. and so was my relative who was NOT inaccurate at all.
there were no deaths on the dutch side.
and if anyone has been silly it has been you with your gross exaggeration of burning bodies and pulling dead people every 5 minutes out of the lagoon. That is not only silly, it is stupid.
I would have expected better of you, Jane.

This subject is closed.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |