The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cake Hill
Posted by: MelissaG (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2009 01:24PM

Barbara or Philippe.......where is Cake Hill?
Or anyone????

Melissa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:44PM by MelissaG.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cake Hill
Posted by: Grumpy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 01, 2009 02:06PM

Melissa,
Please keep the tripe from ttol there.Elaine said where Cake Hill Road is.

Grumpy:
Had to give up my job as an animated cartoon character.

Date: September 01, 2009 02:11PM

I know what Elaine said....but I was wondering if someone could give me a better view.....maybe from someone who has lived there for quite some time!!!! Sorry if this post offened you........maybe you shouldn't have read it!

Melissa

Date: September 01, 2009 02:18PM

I just went back and checked, and there was a new post from Wayne I believe....and he made it clear where it was. Then Elaine responded......it was where i thought.......spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Thanks anyway.......

Melissa

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 01, 2009 06:08PM

Well actually I do not know what the "tripe from ttol" responded there, but I think it can be confusing... we have, if I am not mistaken and Barbara may confirm, "Cake house hill" with "Cake House hill road" and "Cake hill" with "Cake house road"... so I'll go according to the tittle of this thread and "Cake Hill" first... Cake hill is the hill pass the bowling alley on illidge Rd, across from Madame estate and Fresh Market. Next to fresh Market there is the Cake house Bakery, thus the name "Cake House Hill" and Cake house Rd...
Now Cake house Hill is across from the d#mn vet who got my dog stolen, across from Kyoman.. and Cake house hill road is the road going up that hill toward Cole bay and Marigot...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: MelissaG (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 01, 2009 06:40PM

Yes, Philippe, that's what I meant. Cake House Hill. My fault. I don't understand the "tripe" comment either, but I will consider the source. I didn't think you could ask one question on one site and not the other, but anyway, I know exactly where that d#mn vet is that you're talking about. And that road there that's real steep is what I was talking about. Thanks for replying to my question and not trying to make me look stupid.

Melissa

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 01, 2009 06:52PM

Philippe
cake hill is the hill past the bowling alley? really? Now that's a new one for me.
I never knew that.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: WayneB (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: September 01, 2009 07:02PM

I guess I don't understand the TRIPE comment either. Philippe, I just sent you a PM....

Date: September 01, 2009 07:41PM

Wayne, Melissa,
If you read all the comment on this thread, the "tripe" comment was made unexplicaby by Grumpy, which is why I said "I don't know what "the tripe...." and in between "" and I didn't directed it to anyone except to his original author who may have forgoten the little sentence next to the "post comment" button who says :"My comment is constructive and friendly"... Sorry to both of you if there was a misunderstanding there, it wasn't my intend to offend you.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 01, 2009 07:50PM

Oh Philippe,

You didn't offend me at all. I was agreeing with you on what the comment "tripe" was about. I was thanking you for answering my question and not making me look like I shouldn't post something on here that was posted somewhere else.......I'm not in the least bit offended......

Melissa

Date: September 01, 2009 08:10PM

I think but like I said I may be mistaken... I saw some big advertising signs of developpement a while ago across from Madame estate with "Cake Hill estate" on them, some I assume it was the name of the hill where they were and where the excavation was going on.. But like I said I may be wrong confused smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 01, 2009 08:57PM

It's all very confusing, which is why I don't even use street names when I'm there. I just say something like, "the road that goes past the Fresh Market". Makes it hard to give directions, though!!

Date: September 01, 2009 09:16PM

thumbs upthumbs upgrinning smiley I do pretty much the same after almost 20 years now...LOL eye rolling smiley so no shame...LOL

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Grumpy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 01, 2009 11:49PM

To Philippe etal; I did say please.
My point is; Why bring posts from ttol here?
ttol has post after post of people saying nothing except what their opinion is.
Here, a question is asked and answered.No bullshit(well, most of the time)
Just making a suggestion.

Date: September 02, 2009 04:42AM

Grumpy,

I understand what you're saying now, when I first read your post I thought you were slamming me and WayneB (he is the one who asked the question originally on ttol). When I asked this question here, Elaine had said she wasn't sure so I figured I would ask someone who knew..... without the bullshit....

Melissa

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |